BJ's Beauty & Barber College
5239 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA
- FAFSA School Code: 025419
- Phone: (253) 473-4320
- School Homepage
BJ's Beauty & Barber College is a school that provides education and training in the cosmetology industry for residents of Tacoma, Washington. For the last 26 consecutive years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. The primary program offered by this school is in cosmetology, which trains students with the skills and education necessary to obtain licensure and seek out long term employment after graduation. The cosmetology programs being offered at this school are:
Close to 160 students completed their training at this school over the past couple years. The average default rate of individuals taking student loans over the last three reported years (2007-2009) was about 27%.
BJ's Beauty & Barber College offers job placement opportunities for students looking for work. State licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students research getting a license in cosmetology. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see programs available, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at BJ's Beauty & Barber College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (253) 473-4320.
Cosmetology (1,800 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes on average twenty-four months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $4,500**
- 35 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 24 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Barber (1,100 Hours)
The barber program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- $7,500 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 14 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about seven months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
Get more information about esthetician and find other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered on average takes about seven months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $100*
- 6 students completed the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program last year
- Takes about 7 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at BJ's Beauty & Barber College is $4,700. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $100 is required from all applicants. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$6,187|
|Receiving Student Loans||51%||$7,500|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 26%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to BJ's Beauty & Barber College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- The Salon Professional Academy - Tacoma in Tacoma, WA (1 miles away)
- Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty - Branch Campus in Federal Way, WA (11 miles away)
- Cascade Beauty College in Auburn, WA (14 miles away)
- GP Institute of Cosmetology in Seattle, WA (28 miles away)
- Gary Manuel Aveda Institute in Seattle, WA (29 miles away)
- Evergreen Beauty & Barber College - Bellevue in Bellevue, WA (33 miles away)
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy - Shoreline in Shoreline, WA (34 miles away)
- Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty in Seattle, WA (35 miles away)