Borner's Barber College
9432 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 041372
- Phone: (323) 299-8133
- School Homepage
Borner's Barber College is located in Los Angeles, California, and is a career institution that specializes in cosmetology training. Borner's Barber College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last six years. This school primarily offers education in the area of cosmetology through professional and experienced teachers, ensuring that students who complete the program have the skills needed to pursue licensure and long term employment.
Over fifty students have enrolled at Borner's Barber College over the last couple of years, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of about 44%.
Borner's Barber College provides student services in the form of help with finding job options for students and career counseling for students beginning a career in cosmetology. Students must look up state licensing requirements to make sure programs meet current standards. To read more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit ctbbc.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Borner's Barber College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (323) 299-8133.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- $9,200 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 7 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $11,700 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. The cost to submit an application is $50. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Borner's Barber College. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||81%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$5,088|
|Receiving Student Loans||44%||$6,768|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Borner's Barber College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Universal College of Beauty Inc - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (1 miles away)
- Healthy Hair Academy in Inglewood, CA (2 miles away)
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy - Santa Monica in Santa Monica, CA (4 miles away)
- Universal College of Beauty Inc - Los Angeles 2 in Los Angeles, CA (4 miles away)
- Universal College of Beauty Inc - Compton in Compton, CA (6 miles away)
- Palace Beauty College in Los Angeles, CA (7 miles away)
- Marinello Schools of Beauty - Bell in Bell, CA (7 miles away)
- Marinello Schools of Beauty - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (7 miles away)