Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden, located in the residential area of Meriden, Connecticut, focuses on cosmetology training for students. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology education provided by Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden for over several years. This school's cosmetology program is designed to train students for immediate employment upon completion, having provided all the skills necessary to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. In addition to cosmetology, Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden also provides an esthetics program, for individuals who want to focus on skin care.
Over the last several years about 220 students have completed programs at Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden, with about 76% of students who start the program continue on to graduate. Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of approximately 16% in 2009.
Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden provides student services such as cosmetology career pathway counseling for current and graduated students and job placement options for graduates in need of employment. Students are advised to look up state licensing regulations to determine whether programs meet current standards. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see program details, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Brio Academy of Cosmetology – Meriden. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (562) 945-2211.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately ten months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $19,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,900*
- 181 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered commonly takes about eight months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,900*
- 59 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Barber (1,000 Hours)
Barber program takes approximately nine months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- 13 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 9 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (203) 237-6683 x17. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Brio Academy of Cosmetology – Meriden. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$5,276|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$7,787|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Brio Academy of Cosmetology – Meriden. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Academy Di Capelli - School of Cosmetology in Wallingford, CT (3 miles away)
- Northhaven Academy in North Haven, CT (10 miles away)
- Connecticut Institute of Hair Design in Wolcott, CT (11 miles away)
- International Institute of Cosmetology in Wethersfield, CT (14 miles away)
- Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology in Branford, CT (16 miles away)
- European Academy of Cosmetology and Hairdressing in Guilford, CT (16 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - East Hartford in East Hartford, CT (18 miles away)
- Oxford Academy of Hair Design in Seymour, CT (19 miles away)