Get more information about CRU Institute by clicking links below:
CRU Institute, located in the residential area of Garden Grove, California, specializes in cosmetology training for interested individuals. CRU Institute is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last thirty-six years. This school primarily offers education in the area of cosmetology by experienced teaching professionals, increasing the chances that students who complete the program get the skills and abilities needed to pursue licensure and long term employment. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has a hair styling program, which focuses on the art of hair management.
Enrollment at this school is about 47 students annually, with a graduation rate of around 78%. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking federal student loans to cover the tuition costs for this school was around 5.8%.
CRU Institute offers student services including flexible scheduling for working or busy students and help with finding job options for students. Students must look up local and state licensing requirements to make sure programs meet established standards. Students can learn more about CRU Institute, including consumer disclosures, by visiting cruinstitute.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at CRU Institute. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (214) 748-3647.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
Barber program takes on average twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 12 months
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered most often takes about thirteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 9 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes on average six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $5,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (714) 894-3366. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,264|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$6,246|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to CRU Institute. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Career Academy of Beauty in Garden Grove, CA (0.6 miles away)
- Asian American International Beauty College in Westminster, CA (3 miles away)
- Advance Beauty College in Garden Grove, CA (5 miles away)
- The Real Barbers College in Anaheim, CA (7 miles away)
- Thanh Le College School of Cosmetology in Garden Grove, CA (7 miles away)
- Coastline Beauty College in Fountain Valley, CA (7 miles away)
- American Beauty College in West Covina, CA (9 miles away)
- Beyond 21st Century Beauty Academy in Santa Fe Springs, CA (9 miles away)