Empire Education Group owns and operates Empire Beauty School, which was founded in 1946 and is the largest cosmetology school in the country. There are currently over 100 schools located in 22 states, and have a combined enrollment of over 20,000 students yearly. In addition, the Empire Education Group maintains a strong relationship with the Regis Corporation, which owns and operates over 12,000 hair salons worldwide. This relationship allows for training and employment opportunities for students and graduates.
Empire Beauty School offers a modern environment to learn the various aspects of cosmetology. The combination of nearly 80 years experience and the use of modern technologies, such as digital textbooks, white board technology, the CLIC (Certified Learning in Cosmetology) system of hands on learning and more, allow for quick learning and hands on training. Empire Beauty Schools are fully accredited, meeting state standards and preparing students for licensing upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Makeup Artistry
- Cosmetology Instructor
The Lowell branch of Empire Education Group is located at 231 Central St. This campus has a graduating class size which is approximately eighty-one students yearly. This location provides student services in the form of flexible courses for those with irregular schedules and post-graduation job placement opportunities. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting empire.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Empire Beauty School – Lowell. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 920-4593.
Cosmetology (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $12,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,000*
- 49% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $10,200**
- 81 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 7 months
Get more information about cosmetology and find other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools information page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,300. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $100 application fee for those applying to a program. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (978) 459-9959. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$4,358|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$7,362|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 17%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Empire Beauty School – Lowell. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Lowell Academy Hairstyling Institute in Lowell, MA (0.05 miles away)
- EINE Inc in Tewksbury, MA (5 miles away)
- Continental Academie of Hair Design - Hudson in Hudson, NH (12 miles away)
- Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics in Woburn, MA (13 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Malden in Malden, MA (19 miles away)
- New England Hair Academy in Malden, MA (19 miles away)
- Michaels School of Hair Design and Esthetics - Paul Mitchell Partner School in Bedford, NH (23 miles away)
- Spa Tech Institute - Ipswich in Ipswich, MA (24 miles away)