Empire Education Group owns and operates Empire Beauty School, which was founded in 1946 and is the largest cosmetology school in the country. There are currently over 100 schools located in 22 states, and have a combined enrollment of over 20,000 students yearly. In addition, the Empire Education Group maintains a strong relationship with the Regis Corporation, which owns and operates over 12,000 hair salons worldwide. This relationship allows for training and employment opportunities for students and graduates.
Empire Beauty School offers a modern environment to learn the various aspects of cosmetology. The combination of nearly 80 years experience and the use of modern technologies, such as digital textbooks, white board technology, the CLIC (Certified Learning in Cosmetology) system of hands on learning and more, allow for quick learning and hands on training. Empire Beauty Schools are fully accredited, meeting state standards and preparing students for licensing upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Makeup Artistry
- Cosmetology Instructor
The Matthews branch of Empire Education Group is located at 11032 E Independance Blvd. Around 240 students have graduated from this campus over the past few years. This campus provides job placement opportunities for students after graduation. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting empire.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Empire Beauty School – Matthews. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 920-4593.
Cosmetology (1,530 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately eleven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $20,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,200*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 86% for former students**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $11,210**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $101.00 per month*
- 54 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 11 months
Find out more cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $13,400 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (570) 429-4321. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$4,866|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$9,366|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 13%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Empire Beauty School – Matthews. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Pineville in Charlotte, NC (7 miles away)
- The Hair Design School - Charlotte in Charlotte, NC (11 miles away)
- Regina's College of Beauty - Monroe in Monroe, NC (13 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Charlotte in Charlotte, NC (13 miles away)
- Regina's College of Beauty - Charlotte in Charlotte, NC (13 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Concord in Concord, NC (20 miles away)
- Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology - Rock Hill in Rock Hill, SC (22 miles away)
- Styletrends Barber and Hairstyling Academy in Rock Hill, SC (23 miles away)