Empire Education Group owns and operates Empire Beauty School, which was founded in 1946 and is the largest cosmetology school in the country. There are currently over 100 schools located in 22 states, and have a combined enrollment of over 20,000 students yearly. In addition, the Empire Education Group maintains a strong relationship with the Regis Corporation, which owns and operates over 12,000 hair salons worldwide. This relationship allows for training and employment opportunities for students and graduates.
Empire Beauty School offers a modern environment to learn the various aspects of cosmetology. The combination of nearly 80 years experience and the use of modern technologies, such as digital textbooks, white board technology, the CLIC (Certified Learning in Cosmetology) system of hands on learning and more, allow for quick learning and hands on training. Empire Beauty Schools are fully accredited, meeting state standards and preparing students for licensing upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Makeup Artistry
- Cosmetology Instructor
Empire Beauty School – Somersworth is located at 362 Rte 108 in the city of Somersworth. Approximately sixty-two students graduate from this campus annually. This campus provides post-graduation job placement opportunities. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting empirebeautyschools.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Empire Beauty School – Somersworth. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (603) 692-1515.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $20,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 74%**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $13,664**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $87.00*
- 43 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Barber (900 Hours)
The barber program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $9,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- 19 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 6 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $8,600 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $50. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||73%||$5,021|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$8,129|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 28%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Empire Beauty School – Somersworth. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design in Portsmouth, NH (15 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Portsmouth in Portsmouth, NH (17 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hooksett in Hooksett, NH (31 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Laconia in Laconia, NH (34 miles away)
- Laird Institute of Spa Therapy in Manchester, NH (36 miles away)
- Michaels School of Hair Design and Esthetics - Paul Mitchell Partner School in Bedford, NH (36 miles away)
- Spa Tech Institute - Ipswich in Ipswich, MA (40 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Maine in Portland, ME (43 miles away)