Empire Beauty School - Somersworth
362 Rte 108, Somersworth, NH
- FAFSA School Code: 021796
- Phone: (603) 692-1515
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Empire Education Group owns and operates Empire Beauty School, which was founded in 1946 and is the largest cosmetology school in the country. There are currently over 100 schools located in 22 states, and have a combined enrollment of over 20,000 students yearly. In addition, the Empire Education Group maintains a strong relationship with the Regis Corporation, which owns and operates over 12,000 hair salons worldwide. This relationship allows for training and employment opportunities for students and graduates.
Empire Beauty School offers a modern environment to learn the various aspects of cosmetology. The combination of nearly 80 years experience and the use of modern technologies, such as digital textbooks, white board technology, the CLIC (Certified Learning in Cosmetology) system of hands on learning and more, allow for quick learning and hands on training. Empire Beauty Schools are fully accredited, meeting state standards and preparing students for licensing upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Makeup Artistry
- Cosmetology Instructor
Empire Beauty School - Somersworth is located at 362 Rte 108 in the city of Somersworth. Approximately fifty-six students graduate from this campus annually. This campus provides post-graduation job placement opportunities. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting empirebeautyschools.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Empire Beauty School - Somersworth. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (603) 692-1515.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- 39% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $9,800 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 50 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Barber (900 Hours)
Barber program takes on average seven months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- 6 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 7 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $8,600 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $50. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||73%||$5,021|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$8,129|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 16%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Empire Beauty School - Somersworth. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design in Portsmouth, NH (15 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Portsmouth in Portsmouth, NH (17 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hooksett in Hooksett, NH (31 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Laconia in Laconia, NH (34 miles away)
- Continental Academie of Hair Design - Manchester in Manchester, NH (34 miles away)
- Laird Institute of Spa Therapy in Manchester, NH (36 miles away)
- Michaels School of Hair Design and Esthetics - Paul Mitchell Partner School in Bedford, NH (36 miles away)
- Spa Tech Institute - Ipswich in Ipswich, MA (40 miles away)