Franklin Beauty School
4965 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Houston, TX
- FAFSA School Code: 022760
- Phone: (713) 645-9060
- School Homepage
Franklin Beauty School, located in Houston, Texas, was the first cosmetology school to receive accreditation in the state of Texas. The school was founded in 1915 by N.A. Franklin and has remained a family operated business for four generations. FBS offers a quality education in the field of cosmetology, and has been producing industry professionals in the state of Texas for nearly 100 years.
Franklin Beauty School offers several programs of study to interested individuals. Some programs are comprehensive while others provide additional skills for accomplished cosmetologists. Graduates of the cosmetology program have a high first time success rate with the state board examination.
- Cosmetology Instruction
- Barber Instruction
- Hair Braiding
- Hair Braiding and Weaving
Admissions and Financial Aid
Admissions to Franklin Beauty School begin by completing the online information request form. Once submitted, students should call or visit a counselor to begin the application process. Students must have a high school diploma or GED. Financial aid is available to eligible students.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Franklin Beauty School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (713) 645-9060.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes on average twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- $3,500 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 114 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $15,200. A fee of $50 is required from all applicants. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Franklin Beauty School for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$4,400|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$2,340|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 16%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Franklin Beauty School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Houston Training School - South in Houston, TX (2 miles away)
- ICC Technical Institute in Houston, TX (3 miles away)
- Houston Training School - Jacinto City in Houston, TX (5 miles away)
- Royal Beauty Careers in South Houston, TX (8 miles away)
- Mai - trix Beauty College in Houston, TX (11 miles away)
- Texas Barber Colleges and Hairstyling Schools in Houston, TX (12 miles away)
- Trend Barber College in Houston, TX (12 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Pasadena in Pasadena, TX (12 miles away)