Get more information about House of Heavilin Beauty College – Blue Springs by clicking links below:
Students interested in a career in cosmetology and beauty can obtain an education through House of Heavilin Beauty College - Blue Springs, which is located in a residential area of Blue Springs, MO. For the last thirty-four straight years House of Heavilin Beauty College - Blue Springs has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to prepare students for gainful employment upon completion, providing all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. The cosmetology programs being offered at this location are:
In 2010-2011 about 87 students completed programs at this school, with about 73% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. The student loan default rate last reported, which covers years 2007-2009, averaged around 5.45% for individuals taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school.
House of Heavilin Beauty College - Blue Springs provides student services in the form of career counseling for students entering a career in cosmetology and help with finding job opportunities for students. State licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding licensing and consumer disclosures, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at House of Heavilin Beauty College – Blue Springs. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (816) 229-9000.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered commonly takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $18,000*
- 52% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,500**
- 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- $6,300 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 15 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Nail Technician (400 Hours)
Nail technician program takes on average three months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $2,000*
- 9 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the nail technician program is usually 3 months
Learn more about nail technician programs by taking a look at our nail technician schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $5,000*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $12,900 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||73%||$4,470|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$8,217|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 7%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to House of Heavilin Beauty College – Blue Springs. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Independence College of Cosmetology in Independence, MO (10 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (10 miles away)
- Transformed Barber and Cosmetology Academy in Kansas City, MO (14 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Raymore in Raymore, MO (15 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (16 miles away)
- LaBaron Hairdressing Academy in Overland Park, KS (22 miles away)
- Paris II Educational Center in Gladstone, MO (22 miles away)
- Entourage Institute of Beauty and Esthetics in Lenexa, KS (24 miles away)