Jean Madeline Aveda Institute
315A Bainbridge St, Philadelphia, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 026161
- Phone: (267) 295-7221
- School Homepage
- Phone: (215) 574-9670
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (215) 238-9998
The Jean Madeline Aveda Institute began as a salon founded by Jean Kirkland and Madeline Brown in Philadelphia over 70 years ago. The salons they ran become renown, and in 1987 the Jean Madeline Center for Cosmetology opened. Currently the Jean Madeline Aveda Institute operates three campuses in Philadelphia and continues to impart its world renown techniques, styles and innovations to aspiring cosmetologists.
The Jean Madeline Aveda Institute offers four programs. The institute provides a quality education that focuses on developing both professional and entrepreneurial skills. The programs are of varying length and provide a certificate upon completion. Additionally the school offers a week long Beauty Camp for teenagers.
The teacher's program is for those already in the industry who wish to become teachers within the beauty field.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrolling at the Jean Madeline Aveda Institute can complete the online information request form to begin the process. Additionally, financial aid is available to students who qualify. Eligibility is determined by the Student Aid Report (SAR) which is issued after the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is completed and submitted.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Jean Madeline Aveda Institute. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (267) 295-7221.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually fourteen months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- 323 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 14 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools page.
Esthetician (300 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually three months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- 49 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools information page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered usually takes about six months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is -*
- 63% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $8,000**
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (215) 238-9998. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Jean Madeline Aveda Institute for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||63%||$4,111|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$7,058|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 7%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Jean Madeline Aveda Institute. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Philadelphia Chestnut St in Philadelphia, PA (1 miles away)
- L T International Beauty School in Philadelphia, PA (2 miles away)
- P B Cosmetology Education Center in Gloucester, NJ (3 miles away)
- Kimberly's Beauty School in Philadelphia, PA (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Cherry Hill in Cherry Hill, NJ (5 miles away)
- Venus Beauty Academy in Sharon Hill, PA (7 miles away)
- International Beauty Academy in Philadelphia, PA (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Springfield in Springfield, PA (11 miles away)