The Marinello School of Beauty, named for Giovanni Marinello, the founder of modern cosmetology, was founded in 1905 by Ruth Maurer. The school has moved, changed ownership, and expanded over the last 100 years, but throughout has maintained a standard of excellence in its instruction. The school operates 64 locations in eight states: California, Arizona, Connecticut, Kansas, Massachusetts, Oregon Utah and Nevada.
Marinello School of Beauty offers a variety of programs to help individuals prepare for work in the beauty industry. In addition to these programs, Marinello offers programs for individuals already in the industry such as workshops and advanced programs keep up to date on new trends and technologies, a CIDESCO program for international certification, and master esthetics with laser certification.
- Nail and Manicuring Technology
- Advanced Facial and Body Treatments
- Teacher Training
- Hair Design
- Massage Therapy
Admissions and Financial Aid
A request for enrollment information is available online at the Marinello School of Beauty website. Interested students should fill out and submit the form to begin the admissions process. Financial aid is available to eligible students. Do determine eligibility students should complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact the financial aid office for any questions or assistance.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Marinello Schools of Beauty – Burbank. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (214) 748-3647.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about ten months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,900*
- 202 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 10 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,900*
- 64 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,300*
- 9 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 8 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $15,700 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (562) 945-2211. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,123|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$5,553|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Marinello Schools of Beauty – Burbank. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Make - up Designory in Burbank, CA (0.1 miles away)
- International College of Beauty, Arts & Sciences in Los Angeles, CA (3 miles away)
- Elegance International in Hollywood, CA (6 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Sherman Oaks in Sherman Oaks, CA (9 miles away)
- Palace Beauty College in Los Angeles, CA (9 miles away)
- Academy of Esthetics and Cosmetology in San Fernando, CA (10 miles away)
- Aveda Fredric's Institute in Los Angeles, CA (11 miles away)
- Marinello Schools of Beauty - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (12 miles away)