Marinello Schools of Beauty has sixty-two locations in seven states. The schools have been in operation for over a century, offering excellent education and training in the areas of beauty and spa treatment. The Marinello Schools of Beauty began in 1905 by Ruth Maurer, and were named after Giovanni Marinello who is considered the founder of modern cosmetology. The schools were purchased in 1963 by the Scope Industries, followed by purchase by B & E Education, Inc. in 2004.
A variety of cosmetology related programs are available are available at Marinello, allowing students to choose the beauty education that best suits their interests. Programs are taught by experienced professionals to ensure student receive the best training and skill development possible. Students will be able to practice their skills through supervised work. Additionally, the school offers career development assistance in order to assist students in their pursuit of employment after graduation.
Programs offered include:
- Hair Design
- Massage Therapy
Lake Forest Location
Marinello Schools of Beauty – Lake Forest is located at 23635 El Toro Road Suite K in the city of Lake Forest. This campus has a graduating class size which is about 400 students yearly. This location offers student services in the form of career pathway assistance for students in need of assistance and job placement opportunities for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting marinello.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Marinello Schools of Beauty – Lake Forest. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (562) 945-2211.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately ten months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,900*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 90% for former students**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $13,877**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $114.00 per month*
- 304 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,900*
- $14,481 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $67.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- 100 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 8 months
Read more and see other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools information page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at Marinello Schools of Beauty – Lake Forest is approximately $17,700 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with Marinello Schools of Beauty – Lake Forest for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||53%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||45%||$3,744|
|Receiving Student Loans||38%||$6,161|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 22%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Marinello Schools of Beauty – Lake Forest. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Santa Ana Beauty Academy in Santa Ana, CA (13 miles away)
- Colleen O'Haras Beauty Academy in Santa Ana, CA (13 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Costa Mesa in Costa Mesa, CA (13 miles away)
- COBA Academy in Orange, CA (14 miles away)
- Hair California Beauty Academy in Orange, CA (15 miles away)
- Coastline Beauty College in Fountain Valley, CA (15 miles away)
- Thanh Le College School of Cosmetology in Garden Grove, CA (17 miles away)
- Advance Beauty College in Garden Grove, CA (17 miles away)