Get more information about Northhaven Academy by clicking links below:
Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
North Haven Location
Northhaven Academy is located at 97 Washington Avenue in the city of North Haven. This campus has a graduating class size which is close to seventy-two students in a given year. This campus offers services for students in the form of post-graduation job placement options, remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, and flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchell.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Northhaven Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 2.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,100*
- 72 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Get more information about cosmetology and find other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,500. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $100 application fee for those applying to a program. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (203) 985-0222 x14. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Northhaven Academy. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||46%||$4,494|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$8,858|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Northhaven Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Academy Di Capelli - School of Cosmetology in Wallingford, CT (7 miles away)
- Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology in Branford, CT (8 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden in Meriden, CT (10 miles away)
- European Academy of Cosmetology and Hairdressing in Guilford, CT (11 miles away)
- Oxford Academy of Hair Design in Seymour, CT (12 miles away)
- Connecticut Institute of Hair Design in Wolcott, CT (12 miles away)
- International Institute of Cosmetology in Wethersfield, CT (24 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - East Hartford in East Hartford, CT (28 miles away)