Get more information about Paul Mitchell The School – Louisville by clicking links below:
Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
The Louisville branch of Paul Mitchell Schools is located at 156 North Hurstbourne Parkway. Around 370 students have graduated from this location over the last few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of career pathway counseling to help students define their goals, flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, and post-graduation job placement opportunities. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchelltheschool.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Paul Mitchell The School – Louisville. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (502) 583-1018.
Cosmetology (1,800 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about fourteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,700*
- $7,212 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $79.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- 82 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 14 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $2,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 8 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $10,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. A fee of $85 is required from all applicants. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,471|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$9,124|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 14%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Paul Mitchell The School – Louisville. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Highland in Louisville, KY (2 miles away)
- Ideal Beauty Academy in Jeffersonville, IN (4 miles away)
- PJ's College of Cosmetology - Clarksville in Clarksville, IN (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Chenoweth in Louisville, KY (6 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Dixie in Louisville, KY (6 miles away)
- Trend Setters Academy - Louisville in Louisville, KY (7 miles away)
- Trend Setters' Academy of Beauty Culture in Louisville, KY (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hurstborne in Louisville, KY (10 miles away)