Paul Mitchell The School - Louisville
156 North Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY
- FAFSA School Code: 023517
- Phone: (502) 583-1018
- School Homepage
Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
The Louisville branch of Paul Mitchell Schools is located at 156 North Hurstbourne Parkway. Around 250 students have graduated from this location over the last few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, career pathway counseling to help students define their goals, and flexible courses for those with irregular schedules. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchelltheschool.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Paul Mitchell The School - Louisville. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (502) 583-1018.
Cosmetology (1,800 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually fourteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,000*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $12,000**
- 65 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 14 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Teacher and Professional Development (1,000 Hours)
The teacher and professional development program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- Takes about 8 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $10,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. A fee of $85 is required from all applicants. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,471|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$9,124|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 24%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Paul Mitchell The School - Louisville. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Highland in Louisville, KY (2 miles away)
- Ideal Beauty Academy in Jeffersonville, IN (4 miles away)
- PJ's College of Cosmetology - Clarksville in Clarksville, IN (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Chenoweth in Louisville, KY (6 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Dixie in Louisville, KY (6 miles away)
- Trend Setters Academy - Louisville in Louisville, KY (7 miles away)
- Trend Setters' Academy of Beauty Culture in Louisville, KY (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hurstborne in Louisville, KY (10 miles away)