Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Sherman Oaks Location
The Sherman Oaks branch of Paul Mitchell Schools is located at 15301 Ventura Blvd Unit P2. This campus has a graduating class size which is close to 140 students annually. This campus offers services for students in the form of remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, career counseling to help students define their goals, and post-graduation job placement opportunities. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchell.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Paul Mitchell the School – Sherman Oaks. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 761-8006.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $22,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,400*
- 143 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Find out more cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $75 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||77%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||54%||$4,421|
|Receiving Student Loans||72%||$9,028|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Paul Mitchell the School – Sherman Oaks. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Aveda Fredric's Institute in Los Angeles, CA (6 miles away)
- Newberry School of Beauty in Granada Hills, CA (7 miles away)
- Elegance International in Hollywood, CA (8 miles away)
- Academy of Esthetics and Cosmetology in San Fernando, CA (9 miles away)
- Marinello Schools of Beauty - Burbank in Burbank, CA (9 miles away)
- Academy for Salon Professionals in Canoga Park, CA (9 miles away)
- Make - up Designory in Burbank, CA (9 miles away)
- International College of Beauty, Arts & Sciences in Los Angeles, CA (11 miles away)