Get more information about Phagans School of Hair Design – Portland by clicking links below:
Phagans’ Cosmetology Colleges is collection of nine schools located throughout the state of Oregon. The schools were founded by Wilma Lee Phagans-Harrington, to provide quality beauty education. The various schools have three different owners, of which I Phasion Inc. has the most locations. The school is dedicated to ensuring a quality education is offered to students and that the knowledge received is the foundation for a long lasting career.
Rather than traditional programs, Phagans’ Cosmetology Colleges offers courses that can be combined together to create programs that are specific for the individual. These courses are taught by experienced professionals for the purpose of preparation and proper training to ensure that students meet employer expectations. Most programs include safety and sanitation training as part of their curriculum.
Courses available include:
- Hair Design
- Nail Technology
- Cadet (Instructor Training)
Phagans School of Hair Design – Portland is located at 1542 Ne Weidler Ave in the city of Portland. Around 320 students have graduated from this campus in the last several years. This location provides services for students in the form of post-graduation job placement options, career guidance & assistance to help students define their goals, and flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting phagans.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Phagans School of Hair Design – Portland. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (503) 239-0838.
Cosmetology (2,300 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually seventeen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $23,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 84%**
- 32 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 17 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Hair Styling (1,700 Hours)
Hair styling program takes usually twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $19,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $800*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 82% for former students**
- 6 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the hair styling program is usually 12 months
Barber (1,350 Hours)
The barber program offered most often takes about fourteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- Takes about 14 months to complete
Personal Grooming Arts
The personal grooming arts programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
1,950 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $22,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
850 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered most often takes about seven months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $12,000*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 7 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $10,300 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,447|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$8,198|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 3%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Phagans School of Hair Design – Portland. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Aveda Institute Portland in Portland, OR (2 miles away)
- Beau Monde College of Hair Design in Portland, OR (2 miles away)
- Northwest College of Hair Design in Clackamas, OR (7 miles away)
- Phagans School of Hair Design in Happy Valley, OR (9 miles away)
- Phagans Tigard Beauty School in Tigard, OR (9 miles away)
- Northwest College in Beaverton, OR (11 miles away)
- Northwest College in Tualatin, OR (12 miles away)
- Northwest College of Hair Design in Hillsboro, OR (16 miles away)