Plaza Beauty School
4682 Spottswood Ave, Memphis, TN
- FAFSA School Code: 010447
- Phone: (901) 761-4445
- School Homepage
Interested individuals in and around Memphis may get a cosmetology education by registering and enrolling at Plaza Beauty School. Plaza Beauty School is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last forty-seven straight years. This school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that trains students get started in the beauty industry as licensed professionals.
The school enrolls around 190 students yearly, providing students an excellent learning atmosphere, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of about 67%. The student loan default rate last reported, which covers years 2007-2009, averaged around 16% for students taking loans to pay for this school.
Plaza Beauty School offers services for students including flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules, cosmetology career guidance to help students, and remedial education courses for program or licensure preparation. Students must look up state licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. For additional information regarding licensure preparation, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Plaza Beauty School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (901) 761-4445.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately twelve months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,000*
- 46% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,400**
- 65 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Read more and see other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools information page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $10,500 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Plaza Beauty School for more information.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$4,909|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$8,179|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 13%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Plaza Beauty School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - E Memphis in Memphis, TN (0.3 miles away)
- The Hair Design School - S Memphis in Memphis, TN (2 miles away)
- Southern Institute of Cosmetology in Memphis, TN (3 miles away)
- Memphis Institute of Barbering in Memphis, TN (7 miles away)
- The Hair Design School - N Memphis in Memphis, TN (7 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology - East Shelby in Memphis, TN (8 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology in Memphis, TN (8 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Memphis in Bartlett, TN (9 miles away)