Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Pulse Beauty Academy – A Paul Mitchell Partner School is located at 150 E Pennsylvania Ave Ste 250 in the city of Downington. This campus has graduated approximately 390 students in recent years. This location offers services for students in the form of career guidance for students in need of help, job placement opportunities for students after graduation, and remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchell.edu.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Pulse Beauty Academy – A Paul Mitchell Partner School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (610) 873-8600.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,500*
- 97 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 11 months
Get more information about cosmetology and browse other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools information page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,600. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $100 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$4,009|
|Receiving Student Loans||57%||$8,707|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Pulse Beauty Academy – A Paul Mitchell Partner School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Springfield in Springfield, PA (19 miles away)
- Schilling - Douglas School of Hair Design in Newark, DE (23 miles away)
- Venus Beauty Academy in Sharon Hill, PA (24 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School - Delaware in Newark, DE (27 miles away)
- Magnolia School in Ambler, PA (27 miles away)
- Lansdale School of Cosmetology Inc in Lansdale, PA (27 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Reading in Reading, PA (27 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Philadelphia Chestnut St in Philadelphia, PA (29 miles away)