Rob Roy Academy - Worcester
150 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA
- FAFSA School Code: 021816
- Phone: (508) 799-2111
- School Homepage
- Phone: (508) 799-2111 x40
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (508) 799-2111 x37
Rob Roy Academy was founded in 1979 by Robert Lapierre and Roy Samra. Built upon the success of a chain of salons, the decision to provide quality training was part of the vision of the founders to create a perfect salon. Today the Rob Roy Academy operates four locations in Massachusetts and one in Rhode Island, all of which adhere to the vision of the founders.
Students will be able to choose from a selection of beauty related programs, specifically cosmetology, barbering, esthetics, and manicuring. In addition, the school offers instructor training for professionals that wish to utilize their experience to teach others. Many of the instructors at the school are experienced professionals that work hard to impart the skills and training necessary to become successful in the chosen field. Upon completion students will be eligible for licensure examination and employment.
The Worcester branch of Rob Roy Academy Inc is located at 150 Pleasant St. This campus has graduated close to 360 students in recent years. This campus offers student services in the form of career pathway assistance for students in need of help and job placement options for students after graduation. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting rob-roy.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Rob Roy Academy - Worcester. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (508) 799-2111.
Cosmetology (1,000 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately twelve months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $13,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- 38% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $6,200**
- 42 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Barber (1,000 Hours)
The barber program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- 42% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $7,300 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 49 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at Rob Roy Academy - Worcester is $12,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $50 is required from all applicants. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (508) 799-2111 x37. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||77%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||35%||$4,184|
|Receiving Student Loans||44%||$5,087|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 20%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Rob Roy Academy - Worcester. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy - Worcester in Worcester, MA (1 miles away)
- Spa Tech Institute - Westboro in Westboro, MA (10 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Framingham in Framingham, MA (20 miles away)
- Henris School of Hair Design in Fitchburg, MA (22 miles away)
- Newport School of Hairdressing - Main Campus in Pawtucket, RI (34 miles away)
- Jolie Hair and Beauty Academy in Ludlow, MA (35 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Boston in Boston, MA (35 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Providence in Providence, RI (36 miles away)