Western Beauty Institute (San Fernando Beauty Academy)
8700 Van Nuys Blvd, Panorama City, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 007229
- Phone: (818) 894-9550
- School Homepage
Interested individuals in and around Panorama City may pursue a cosmetology education by enrolling at Western Beauty Institute. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last six consecutive years. This school's cosmetology program is designed to train students for immediate employment upon completion, having provided all the skills necessary to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. In addition, Western Beauty Institute also has a nail technology program for individuals who wish to pursue nail artistry, a hair styling program for students who wish to pursue a more hands on education in the artistry of hair, and an esthetics program, which provides an excellent education in the field of skin care and treatment.
In 2010-2011 approximately 210 students completed programs at Western Beauty Institute, with about 57% of those who start the program continue on to graduate. Between the years of 2007-2009 the estimated average default rate for students taking loans to cover the tuition costs for this school was approximately 13%.
Western Beauty Institute offers student services such as cosmetology career guidance for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment. Students are advised to look up state and county licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. Students can learn more about Western Beauty Institute, including licensing and consumer disclosures, by visiting wbi.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Western Beauty Institute. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (818) 894-9550.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about thirteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 45% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $6,400 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 123 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program offered on average takes about fourteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $3,000**
- 43 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 14 months
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes on average six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,000*
- $2,300 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- 31 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
The nail technician programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
400 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $3,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $11,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to San Fernando Beauty Academy must pay an application fee of $75. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact San Fernando Beauty Academy for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$4,424|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$3,802|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Western Beauty Institute. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Newberry School of Beauty in Granada Hills, CA (4 miles away)
- Academy of Esthetics and Cosmetology in San Fernando, CA (4 miles away)
- The Academy of Barbering Arts in Van Nuys, CA (5 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Sherman Oaks in Sherman Oaks, CA (5 miles away)
- Marinello Schools of Beauty - Burbank in Burbank, CA (9 miles away)
- Make - up Designory in Burbank, CA (9 miles away)
- Academy for Salon Professionals in Canoga Park, CA (9 miles away)
- Elegance International in Hollywood, CA (11 miles away)