Get more information about Academy of Art University by clicking links below:
Academy of Art University operates as a private art school, which is located in San Francisco, CA. More than ten different programs are offered at Academy of Art University, with a Master's degree being the highest level available. The more popular enrolled programs among aspiring artists are shown below:
- Fashion Design
- Cinematography And Film
- Interior Design
To help support students, Academy of Art University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At Academy of Art University, the graduation rate is around 34%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 7%.
The last reported accreditation for Academy of Art University was done by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can learn about programs available, tuition, and disclosures.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Find more information about available programs offered by Academy of Art University by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $28,600. There is also a $100 application fee for students applying to the school. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (415) 618-6190. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $18,000-$22,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $770-$920 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $300
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $21,000-$25,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $950 for part time students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $300
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||60%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||40%||$5,642|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$7,024|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 16%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Academy of Art University.
- American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, CA (0.2 miles away)
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (0.3 miles away)
- The Art Institute of California - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (0.9 miles away)
- Ex - Pression College for Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA (7 miles away)
- California College of the Arts in Oakland, CA (9 miles away)