Academy of Art University
79 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 007531
- Phone: (415) 274-2200
- School Homepage
- Phone: (415) 263-2219
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (415) 618-6190
Academy of Art University is a private art school located in San Francisco, CA, that provides specialized education and training in a variety of art related fields. Academy of Art University has over ten different programs available to students, with a Master's degree being the highest level available. Here are the more popular programs offered:
- Fashion Design
- Cinematography And Film
- Interior Design
To help students and alumni succeed, Academy of Art University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At Academy of Art University, the graduation rate is around 34%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 7%.
Academy of Art University has been accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools having first received its accreditation from that agency in 1998. Please visit academyart.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Find more information about available programs offered by Academy of Art University by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Animation (A, B, M)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Fashion Design (A, B, M)
- Cinematography And Film (A, B, M)
- Interior Design (A, B, M)
- Illustration (A, B, M)
- Photography (A, B, M)
- Fine Arts and Art Studies (A, B, M)
- Commercial and Advertising Art (A, B, M)
- Industrial Design (A, B, M)
- Graphic Design (A, B, M)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Graphics (A, B, M)
Communications and Journalism
- Communication, General (B, M)
- Architecture (M)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $28,600. There is also a $100 application fee for students applying to the school. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (415) 618-6190. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $20,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $740 to $890 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $300
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $20,000-$24,000 for graduate students
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $840 to $1,000 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $300
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||60%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||40%||$5,642|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$7,024|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 7%.