Get more information about American Conservatory Theater by clicking links below:
American Conservatory Theater is an institution that specializes in theater, and related fields. The school is located in San Francisco, CA. This school is known for offering aspiring actors less than one year certificate and master's degree in Acting, with more than 440 aspiring actors graduating in the past few years. Student and special services are available at American Conservatory Theater, giving personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
A strong indicator of employment success after graduation is a school's default rate on loans. 2% of students who have graduated from this school have defaulted on their loans.
The last reported accreditation for this school was done by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities. To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit act-sf.org.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by American Conservatory Theater by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Acting (C, M)
- The tuition charges per year are around $20,500*
- Required fees, excluding tuition, cost about $190*
- For part-time undergraduate students, the cost of attendance is about $600 per credit hour*
- Last year the graduating class was around eighty students
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $21,000-$25,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $600-$720 per unit
- Required fees: $200
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $21,000-$25,000 for graduate students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $200
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$9,550|
|Student Loans (Federal)||100%||$9,500|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 2%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to American Conservatory Theater.
- KD Conservatory College of Film and Dramatic Arts in Dallas, TX (1,477 miles away)
- New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts in New York, NY (2,565 miles away)
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts - New York in New York, NY (2,565 miles away)