Get more information about Fashion Institute of Technology by clicking links below:
FIT, located in New York, New York, is a public art institution that offers students training in the arts. Fashion Institute of Technology has at least twenty different programs available to students, with a Master's degree being the highest degree offered. Listed below are the programs with more popularity among students:
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Design
- Commercial and Advertising Art
Student and special services are available at FIT, giving personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At FIT, the graduation rate is around 66%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 5%.
This school has been accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education having first received its accreditation from that agency in 1957. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, please visit fitnyc.edu.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Find more information about available programs offered by Fashion Institute of Technology by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Family and Consumer Sciences
Visual and Performing Arts
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $6,500-$7,800
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $270 to $320 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $770
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $12,000 per year for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $450 to $540 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $770
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||49%||$5,458|
|Receiving Student Loans||45%||$7,430|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Fashion Institute of Technology.
- Studio Jewelers in New York, NY (0.6 miles away)
- School of Visual Arts in New York, NY (0.9 miles away)
- The Art Institute of New York City in New York, NY (2 miles away)
- New York School of Interior Design in New York, NY (2 miles away)
- duCret School of Arts in Plainfield, NJ (24 miles away)