McNally Smith College of Music
19 Exchange Street East, Saint Paul, MN
- FAFSA School Code: 030012
- Phone: (651) 291-0177
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Located in Saint Paul, MN, McNally Smith College of Music is a private institution that provides professional level education and training in music and music theory. McNally Smith College of Music offers several great programs to pick from. The more popular enrolled programs among students are listed below:
- Music Management
- Music Technology
- Violin, Viola, Guitar and Other Stringed Instruments
- Voice and Opera
To help students and recent graduates, McNally Smith College of Music may offer some services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At McNally Smith College of Music, the graduation rate is around 47%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 4%.
The National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation has accredited the education provided by McNally Smith College of Music for over twenty-five straight years. Please visit mcnallysmith.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Find more information about available programs offered by McNally Smith College of Music by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Music Management (A, B, C)
- Music Technology (A, B, C)
- Violin, Viola, Guitar and Other Stringed Instruments (A, B, C)
- Voice and Opera (A, B)
- Percussion Instruments (A, B)
- Music Theory and Composition (B)
- Piano and Organ (B)
- Brass Instruments (B)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at McNally Smith College of Music is approximately $30,200 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $23,000-$27,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $870-$1,000 per unit
- Required fees: $950
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $9,400 per year for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $950 to $1,100 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $950
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||41%||$6,338|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$15,252|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 4%.