New York Film Academy specializes in offering a film and cinema education. The school is a private institution located in Universal City, CA. New York Film Academy has several great programs to pick from. Here are the more popular programs offered:
- Playwriting and Screenwriting
- Film, Video and Photographic Arts
Please visit nyfa.com for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at New York Film Academy. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (214) 748-3647.
Cinematography And Film (30 Hours)
Cinematography and film program takes ,as reported, eight months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $45,000*
- Last year, more than 100 students completed this program
- The cinematography and film program takes about 8 months to complete
More details and school listings are available through our cinematography and film schools profile page.
Film, Video and Photographic Arts
The film, video and photographic arts programs listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
40 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $45,000 per year*
- Takes about 38 months to complete
32 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $30,000 per year*
- Takes about 33 months to complete
Acting (32 Hours)
The acting program offered commonly takes about thirty-one months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $33,000*
- Based on published reports, around 400 students completed the acting program last year
- The acting program takes about 31 months to complete
Photography (30 Hours)
The photography program takes about thirty-three months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $42,000*
- More than 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the photography program in 33 months
Find out more and see other schools listed by visiting our photography degree profile page.
Intermedia, Multimedia (40 Hours)
The intermedia, multimedia program offered commonly takes about thirty-six months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $45,000*
- Students usually complete the intermedia, multimedia program in 36 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $43,900 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||26%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||21%||$9,104|
|Receiving Student Loans||7%||$17,032|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to New York Film Academy.
- Laguna College of Art and Design in Laguna Beach, CA (52 miles away)
- Ex - Pression College for Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA (338 miles away)
- American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, CA (339 miles away)
- Oklahoma School of Photography in Moore, OK (1,185 miles away)
- KD Conservatory College of Film and Dramatic Arts in Dallas, TX (1,241 miles away)