Get more information about New York School of Interior Design by clicking links below:
NYSID, located in New York, New York, is a nonprofit private art institution that offers interested students a comprehensive education and training in the field of interior design. The largest programs offered are the interior design associate's, bachelor's, and master's degree programs, with more than 560 future interior designers graduating in the past few years. To help support students, NYSID may offer student services like:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At New York School of Interior Design, the graduation rate is around 82%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 6%.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education has accredited the program courses of New York School of Interior Design for over three straight years. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see admissions information, tuition, and disclosures.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by New York School of Interior Design by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Interior Design (A, B, C, M)
- Tuition is estimated to be $27,450 for undergraduates and $31,040 for graduates*
- Required fees are estimated to be around $750*
- Part-time undergraduate students can expect to pay around $920 per credit hour*
- About 180 students were granted degrees in the last reported year
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $17,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $60 application fee for those applying to a program. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (212) 472-1500 x212. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $27,000-$33,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $920-$1,100 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $790
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $31,000-$37,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $1,100 for part time students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $960
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||46%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||42%||$14,765|
|Receiving Student Loans||38%||$10,812|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to New York School of Interior Design.
- American Institute of Interior Design in Fountain Hills, AZ (2,119 miles away)
- Design Institute of San Diego in San Diego, CA (2,426 miles away)
- Interior Designers Institute in Newport Beach, CA (2,440 miles away)