Get more information about Otis College of Art and Design by clicking links below:
Otis College of Art and Design, located in Los Angeles, CA, is a nonprofit private art institution that offers interested students career training in the fields of art and design. Otis Art Institute has more than ten different programs available to students, including degrees as high as a Master's degree. Listed below are the more popular programs offered:
- Film, Video and Photographic Arts
- Fashion Design
- Design and Visual Communications
- Fine Studio Arts
Student and special services are available at Otis College of Art and Design, providing personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Students can use a variety of means to evaluate school performance. A school's graduation and loan default rates are among the strongest indicators of educational and career success. Otis Art Institute has a yearly graduation rate of 52%, and a loan default rate of near 8%.
The last reported accreditation for Otis College of Art and Design was done by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see classes offered, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Get more information about the programs offered by Otis College of Art and Design by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
English Language and Literature
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at Otis Art Institute is $33,400. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $60 is required from all applicants. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (310) 665-6880. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $36,000-$44,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,500 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $2,000
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $41,000 per year for graduate students
- Per unit charges are around $1,600 for part time students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $2,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||81%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$13,600|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$7,093|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 10%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Otis College of Art and Design.
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (11 miles away)
- Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA (20 miles away)
- Laguna College of Art and Design in Laguna Beach, CA (46 miles away)
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (346 miles away)
- Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland, OR (831 miles away)