Get more information about San Francisco Conservatory of Music by clicking links below:
Located in San Francisco, California, San Francisco Conservatory of Music is a nonprofit private institution that offers professional level education and training in music and music theory. San Francisco Conservatory of Music offers several programs for students to choose from. A list of the more popular programs offered for students includes:
- Voice and Opera
- Violin, Viola, Guitar and Other Stringed Instruments
- Piano and Organ
- Music Performance
To help support students, San Francisco Conservatory of Music may offer support services like:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At San Francisco Conservatory of Music, the graduation rate is about 75%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 5%.
The Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities has accredited the instruction & training provided by San Francisco Conservatory of Music for over fifty-three straight years. To see more and get consumer disclosures, please visit sfcm.edu.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by San Francisco Conservatory of Music by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $29,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to San Francisco Conservatory of Music must pay an application fee of $110. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (415) 503-6214. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with San Francisco Conservatory of Music for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $38,000-$45,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,700 to $2,000 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $290
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $38,000-$45,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $1,800 for part time students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $290
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,185|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$6,765|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 3%.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
- Los Angeles Music Academy in Pasadena, CA (347 miles away)
- McNally Smith College of Music in Saint Paul, MN (1,589 miles away)
- Cleveland Institute of Music in Cleveland, OH (2,166 miles away)
- Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia, PA (2,517 miles away)
- The Juilliard School in New York, NY (2,567 miles away)