Savannah College of Art and Design, located in Savannah, GA, is a nonprofit private art institution that offers interested students career training and education in the fields of art and design. SCAD offers over forty different programs available, with a Master's degree being the highest degree available. The more popular programs among aspiring artists are shown below:
- Graphic Design
- Cinematography And Film
- Fashion Design
To support students and graduates, SCAD may offer some services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At SCAD, the graduation rate is around 64%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 3%.
Savannah College of Art and Design has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges having first received its accreditation from that agency in 2005. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, please visit scad.edu.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Visual and Performing Arts
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $33,400 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $40. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (912) 525-6104. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Savannah College of Art and Design for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $34,000-$41,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $750-$900 per unit
- Required fees: $530
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $38,000 per year for graduate students
- Per unit charges are around $850 for part time students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $530
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$11,793|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$9,910|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Savannah College of Art and Design.
- The Art Institute of Charleston in Charleston, SC (84 miles away)
- The Art Institute of Charlotte - Campus of South University in Charlotte, NC (214 miles away)
- The Art Institute of Atlanta in Atlanta, GA (230 miles away)
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC (281 miles away)
- The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham - Campus of South University in Durham, NC (298 miles away)