The Art Institutes, also referred to as Ai, is a system of schools located throughout the country that provide art education courses and degrees. Over 50 colleges comprise the system, offering varying programs and levels of education. The system was founded in 1969 through the acquisition of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh by the Education Management Corporation (EDMC). Over the subsequent years the Ai model of education has been replicated in campuses across the United States, as well as through a distance learning program launched in 2000.
Ai offers a large variety of programs through the following areas of study:
- Media Arts
- Culinary Arts
The programs offered may result in a certificate, associate, bachelors or master’s degree. AI’s focus on art education separates it from traditional post-secondary education institutions, as the school specializes in the development of skills and abilities unique to art related fields and industries.
Some of the more notable programs offered include:
- Interior Design
- Graphic & Web Design
- Digital Film
- Fashion Design
San Francisco Location
The Art Institute of California – San Francisco is located at 1170 Market St in the city of San Francisco. This campus has a graduating class size which is about 280 students in a given year. This location provides services for students in the form of online distance learning for individuals not near a physical campus, post-graduation job placement options, and remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting artinstitutes.edu.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The Art Institute of California – San Francisco.
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (0.6 miles away)
- Academy of Art University in San Francisco, CA (0.9 miles away)
- Ex - Pression College for Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA (8 miles away)
- The Art Institute of California - Silicon Valley - Campus of Argosy University in Sunnyvale, CA (36 miles away)
- The Art Institute of California - Sacramento - Campus of Argosy University in Sacramento, CA (76 miles away)