The Art Institutes, also referred to as Ai, is a system of schools located throughout the country that provide art education courses and degrees. Over 50 colleges comprise the system, offering varying programs and levels of education. The system was founded in 1969 through the acquisition of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh by the Education Management Corporation (EDMC). Over the subsequent years the Ai model of education has been replicated in campuses across the United States, as well as through a distance learning program launched in 2000.
Ai offers a large variety of programs through the following areas of study:
- Media Arts
- Culinary Arts
The programs offered may result in a certificate, associate, bachelors or master’s degree. AI’s focus on art education separates it from traditional post-secondary education institutions, as the school specializes in the development of skills and abilities unique to art related fields and industries.
Some of the more notable programs offered include:
- Interior Design
- Graphic & Web Design
- Digital Film
- Fashion Design
The Portland branch of Art Institute is located at 1122 Nw Davis St.. About a thousand students have graduated from this campus in recent years. This campus provides services for students in the form of remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation, career pathway assistance for students in need of help, and job placement opportunities for students after graduation. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting artinstitutes.edu.
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The Art Institute of Portland.
- International Academy of Design and Technology - Seattle in Tukwila, WA (135 miles away)
- The Art Institute of Seattle in Seattle, WA (145 miles away)
- The Art Institute of California - Sacramento - Campus of Argosy University in Sacramento, CA (481 miles away)
- International Academy of Design and Technology - Sacramento in Sacramento, CA (482 miles away)
- Ex - Pression College for Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA (531 miles away)