Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing
8550 Magellan Parkway Suite 1100, Richmond, VA
- FAFSA School Code: 010043
- Phone: (804) 627-5300
- School Homepage
- Phone: (804) 627-5381
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (804) 627-5329
With a #1 national ranking on the NCLEX-RN licensure exam, Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing (BSMCON) has been providing nursing education in Richmond, Virginia, since 1961. Offering a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, BSMCON promises their students small classes, state-of-the-art Clinical Simulation, clinical and mission experience, one-on-one guidance from their financial aid experts, high job placement rates, and a Student Services department to help guarantee success. BSMCON also offers online RN and BSN completion degrees.
Annually, BSMCON invites both students and alumni to apply to attend and their mission trip to “recognize our individual and collective ‘Call to Serve’.” Through this complete immersion experience students, alumni, and faculty gain a deeper understanding of healthcare needs “in international vulnerable populations.” By working in this field without the convenience of modern technology, all participants are challenged to assess and attend patient needs—both physical and mental needs.
As a continuing provider of nursing education by the Virginia Nurses Association, BSMCON supports the advancement of “clinical excellence and professional development” for nurses and healthcare providers via academic-service partnerships and community outreach.
Take the virtual tour at BSMCON (http://www.bsmcon.edu/tour/)
Apply online at BSMCON (http://www.bsmcon.edu/admissions/apply-online)
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Nursing (C)
- The tuition charges per year are around $7,500*
- Required fees, excluding tuition, cost about $1,110*
- For part-time undergraduate students, the cost of attendance is about $330 per credit hour*
- Former students had a repayment rate of around 70%*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $23,500 in student loans**
- About ninety students were granted degrees last year
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $18,000 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $90. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (804) 627-5329. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $7,500-$9,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $330 to $400 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,200
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||50%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||50%||$2,611|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$3,500|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 5%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing.
- Southside Regional Medical Center Professional Schools in Petersburg, VA (30 miles away)
- Global Health College in Alexandria, VA (83 miles away)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Virginia in Arlington, VA (86 miles away)
- Sentara College of Health Sciences in Chesapeake, VA (89 miles away)
- Centra College of Nursing in Lynchburg, VA (97 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.