Central Florida Institute
30522 US Hwy 19 N Ste 300, Palm Harbor, FL
- FAFSA School Code: 034254
- Phone: (727) 786-4707
- School Homepage
- Phone: (727) 786-4707 x234
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (727) 786-4707 x254
If you are looking to start a career in the fast growing medical career right away, check out the Central Florida Institute. Most programs will have you working in the health care field in less than a year! Campuses are located in Orlando and the Tampa area in Palm Harbor, Florida; and short-term training is available in the following career choices:
- Medical Assistant
- with Basic X-Ray
- with Cardio Tech
- Dental Assistant
- Cath Lab Technologist
- Sleep Studies Tech
- Surgical Tech
- Dental Assistant CE (EFDA)
CFI's extensive career services will help you put together a resume, prepare you for an interview, and they have career placement to help get you started in your career. Students are given externship opportunities for hands-on learning to complete their health care education.
Central Florida is the number on tourist destination in the world! Students at the Tampa area campus are just minutes from world-class beaches, shopping, and ocean-side dining.
Program tuition is around $15,000; CFI is a private institution run for profit. Financial aid is available; and students may be eligible for scholarships, grants, loans, or work-study programs.So if you're ready to start your career in the rewarding medical field, check out CFI at http://www.cfi.edu/.
Central Florida Institute have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (727) 786-4707 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
Medical Assistant (37 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000*
- 35% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $6,100**
- Last year, more than 200 students completed this program
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more about medical assistant programs by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Surgical Technologist (50 Hours)
Surgical technologist program takes usually eleven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $22,000*
- On average, $9,400 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the surgical technologist program last year
- The surgical technologist program takes about 11 months to complete
To learn more visit our surgical technologist schools profile page to obtain more information and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Dental Assistant (32 Hours)
The dental assistant program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000*
- 41% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $5,800 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 90 students completed this program
- Takes about 8 months to complete
More details and school listings are available through our dental assistant schools information page.
Polysomnography (45 Hours)
The polysomnography program offered usually takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000*
- Students complete this program in usually 15 months
Cardiovascular Technology (58 Hours)
The cardiovascular technology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $22,000*
- 50% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- $7,600 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- More than 200 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cardiovascular technology program is about 12 months
Ultrasound Technician (60 Hours)
The ultrasound technician program offered usually takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $38,000*
- $17,500 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Based on published reports, around 50 students completed the ultrasound technician program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Find out more ultrasound technician programs by visiting our ultrasound technician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $14,700 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There may be an application fee required, please check with Central Florida Institute for more information. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (727) 786-4707 x254. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$4,825|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,463|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 12%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Central Florida Institute.
- ATA Career Education in Largo, FL (15 miles away)
- Lincoln Technical Institute - Seminole in Seminole, FL (16 miles away)
- American Health Institute in Port Richey, FL (18 miles away)
- Sanford - Brown Institute in Tampa, FL (22 miles away)
- American Institute in Celebration, FL (74 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.