Get more information about Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital – School of Nursing & Allied Health by clicking links below:
Conemaugh School of Nursing in Johnstown, PA, is one of many educational units of the Conemaugh Health System that includes the Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital and the Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. With over 100 years of experience in educating and training health care professionals, it is one of the premier schools in the State of Pennsylvania offering a two-year nursing program and several other certificate courses.
Conemaugh School of Nursing has been approved since 1918 by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing, and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). Historically, graduates of ACEN-accredited institutions have performed much better than other graduates on advanced-certification and licensure examinations.
The two-year nursing program offers 1000+ hours of clinical practicum, several of which are conducted at the state-of-the-art Medical Skills Learning Center, one of only 58 Level 1 accredited simulation laboratories in the world. Here, they are provided with an environment where they can master clinical procedures and learn new techniques in a safe and risk-free manner.
In addition to providing superior training, the school is also in articulation partnership with several colleges and universities in Pennsylvania offering four-year programs, and students get the benefit of RN-BSN eligibility.
The school also offers other high-demand courses of study, including Radiologic Technology, Medical Technology and Histologic Technology, and the rate of placement is extremely high – often within a few weeks of graduating from course at the school. Tuition and other fees for the course total approximately $25,000.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital – School of Nursing & Allied Health. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (814) 534-9118.
Get more information about the programs offered by Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital – School of Nursing & Allied Health by clicking the request information to the right.
Nursing (82 Hours)
Nursing program takes ,as reported, nineteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $29,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $3,800*
- Based on published reports, around 70 students completed the nursing program last year
- Takes about 19 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our nursing schools profile page.
Radiologic Technology (84 Hours)
The radiologic technology program offered commonly takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $20,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $4,490*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The radiologic technology program takes about 24 months to complete
Emergency Medical Technology (1,035 Hours)
The emergency medical technology program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,420*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- The length of the emergency medical technology program is about 12 months
Clinical Laboratory Science (1,400 Hours)
The clinical laboratory science program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $910*
- Students complete this program in usually 12 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,552|
|Student Loans (Federal)||74%||$6,399|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital – School of Nursing & Allied Health.
- Citizens School of Nursing in New Kensington, PA (48 miles away)
- St Margaret School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (51 miles away)
- UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (55 miles away)
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (55 miles away)
- Mercy Hospital School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (57 miles away)