Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital - School of Nursing & Allied Health
1086 Franklin St, Johnstown, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 006537
- Phone: (814) 534-9118
- School Homepage
- Phone: (814) 534-9844
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (814) 534-9890
Conemaugh School of Nursing in Johnstown, PA, is one of many educational units of the Conemaugh Health System that includes the Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital and the Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. With over 100 years of experience in educating and training health care professionals, it is one of the premier schools in the State of Pennsylvania offering a two-year nursing program and several other certificate courses.
Conemaugh School of Nursing has been approved since 1918 by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing, and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). Historically, graduates of ACEN-accredited institutions have performed much better than other graduates on advanced-certification and licensure examinations.
The two-year nursing program offers 1000+ hours of clinical practicum, several of which are conducted at the state-of-the-art Medical Skills Learning Center, one of only 58 Level 1 accredited simulation laboratories in the world. Here, they are provided with an environment where they can master clinical procedures and learn new techniques in a safe and risk-free manner.
In addition to providing superior training, the school is also in articulation partnership with several colleges and universities in Pennsylvania offering four-year programs, and students get the benefit of RN-BSN eligibility.
The school also offers other high-demand courses of study, including Radiologic Technology, Medical Technology and Histologic Technology, and the rate of placement is extremely high – often within a few weeks of graduating from course at the school. Tuition and other fees for the course total approximately $25,000.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital - School of Nursing & Allied Health. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (814) 534-9118.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
Nursing (82 Hours)
The nursing program takes about twenty-four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $25,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $3,800*
- 83% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $12,000 in student loans**
- Around 40 students completed the nursing program last year
- The length of the nursing program is about 24 months
Find out more and see other schools listed by checking out our nursing schools page.
Radiologic Technology (84 Hours)
The radiologic technology program offered commonly takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $16,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $4,480*
- Around 10 students completed the radiologic technology program last year
- The length of the radiologic technology program is about 24 months
Histologic Technology (1,575 Hours)
The histologic technology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $9,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $910*
- The histologic technology program takes about 12 months to complete
Clinical Laboratory Science (1,534 Hours)
The clinical laboratory science program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $9,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $910*
- The length of the clinical laboratory science program is about 12 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,552|
|Student Loans (Federal)||74%||$6,399|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital - School of Nursing & Allied Health.
- Citizens School of Nursing in New Kensington, PA (48 miles away)
- St Margaret School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (51 miles away)
- UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (55 miles away)
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (55 miles away)
- Mercy Hospital School of Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA (57 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.