Everest is a system of schools comprised of Everest University, Everest College, and Everest Institutes, which are owned and operated by Corinthian Colleges, Inc. and located throughout out the United States and the province of Ontario, Canada. The university portion of the system was founded in 1940 as Fort Lauderdale College, which subsequently had its name and ownership changed, eventually becoming the flagship of the system.
Students who complete a program at Everest will receive a certificate, or degree up to the master’s level. The school is dedicated to providing high quality career education and training, and ensures that students are prepared to enter the workforce upon completion. Instructors are former industry professionals, who provide practical training opportunities to ensure the system’s high standards for graduates are maintained. Everest also provides career placement assistance for graduates, through partnerships, resume development and more.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
Program availability varies based on location, and as such students should contact their desired campus to see which programs are available.
The Detroit branch of Everest is located at 300 River Place Dr.,Ste 1000. This campus has graduated close to a thousand students in recent years. This location offers services for students in the form of career counseling for students in need of assistance, flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, and job placement options for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting everest.edu.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Everest Institute – Detroit. The list may differ from current programs, for a complete list of what is being offered students should visit the school's website.
Medical Assistant (44 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes on average ten months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $2,200*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 71%**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $12,981**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $91.00 per month*
- More than 100 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The medical assistant program takes about 10 months to complete
Learn more about medical assistant programs through our medical assistant schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Medical Administration (36 Hours)
The medical administration program offered on average takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $14,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,900*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 71% for former students**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $13,336**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $92.00*
- Based on published reports, around 70 students completed the medical administration program last year
- Students usually complete the medical administration program in 8 months
Nursing Assistant (36 Hours)
The nursing assistant program offered on average takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,070*
- More than 50 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the nursing assistant program is about 8 months
More information and school listings are available through our nursing assistant training profile page.
Pharmacy Technician (36 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,040*
- 74% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $15,792 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $92.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Get more details and see other schools listed by browsing our pharmacy technician training information page.
Massage Therapy (720 Hours)
The massage therapy program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $11,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,430*
- 73% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $10,294 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $95.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Last year, more than 30 students completed this program
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by browsing our massage therapy schools profile page.
Computer Support Specialist (41 Hours)
The computer support specialist program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,680*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the computer support specialist program last year
- Students usually complete the computer support specialist program in 10 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $16,000 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$4,468|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$10,427|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 18%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Everest Institute – Detroit.
- Abcott Institute in Southfield, MI (12 miles away)
- Ross Medical Education Center - Madison Heights in Madison Heights, MI (13 miles away)
- Everest Institute - Dearborn in Dearborn, MI (13 miles away)
- Ross Medical Education Center - Redford in Taylor, MI (13 miles away)
- Detroit Business Institute - Downriver in Riverview, MI (14 miles away)