Galaxy Medical College (GMC) has a mission to offer innovative, quality programs implemented by competent and dedicated faculty and designed to deliver the foundational skills to respond to current job market demands. Founded in 2003, GMC is approved to provide Short-Term Career Training (STC) and subsequent Certificates of Completion or non-degree granted Diplomas to students successfully completing a course of study at the school. Institutional accreditation by the ABHES has also been granted.
GMC is one of the few colleges in the state of California that offer STC. The courses are short, but intensive, and qualify graduating students for entry-level positions in medicine and health. In addition to the 240-hour programs, candidates may also apply to longer programs of 720 to 980 hours, which include externship and allow students to receive licensure and certification in their chosen field of specialty.
Programs, as provided on the GMC website, are as follows:
|Health Claims Examiner||720||46.5|
GMC is very active on the extracurricular front, and regularly organizes field trips, speeches by distinguished guests, graduation motivation workshops, an annual Spring picnic and a unique bi-weekly event called HELP (Health. Education. Life. Principles.), a non-mandatory socializing event with food and fun activities organized at a local restaurant.
The school also offers career services such as career planning, interview skills training, résumé preparation and volunteer placement.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Galaxy Medical College. The list may differ from the actual programs offered, for a complete list of what programs are offered students may visit the school's website.
Medical Administration (980 Hours)
Medical administration program takes ,as reported, fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $10,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $650*
- Students complete this program in usually 15 months
Medical Claims Examiner (720 Hours)
The medical claims examiner program offered commonly takes about eleven months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $8,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $540*
- The length of the medical claims examiner program is about 11 months
Dental Assistant (720 Hours)
The dental assistant program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $9,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $610*
- The dental assistant program takes about 11 months to complete
Find out more dental assistant programs through our dental assistant schools profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Pharmacy Technician (720 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes ,as reported, eleven months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $10,000*
- Required supplies and books: $560*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the pharmacy technician program in 11 months
Learn more and find other schools listed by checking out our pharmacy technician training profile page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. There is also a $75 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||20%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||20%||$2,061|
|Receiving Student Loans||9%||$3,843|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Galaxy Medical College.
- North - West College - Glendale in Glendale, CA (8 miles away)
- American Career College - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (10 miles away)
- Valley College of Medical Careers in West Hills, CA (12 miles away)
- Carrington College California - Pomona in Pomona, CA (35 miles away)
- North - West College - Pomona in Pomona, CA (38 miles away)