Global Health College, formerly known as Global Health Nurse Training Services (GHNTS) was established in January of 2004 by the envision of a family nurse practitioner, Mariatu Kargbo. Her desire to inculcate her beliefs of the nursing profession began her journey to start a practical nursing program in Alexandria, Virginia. Within six months, the Virginia Board of Nursing approved the institution to operate and begin the admission of students. The institution opened for classes for the practical nursing program in January of 2005 with a total of sixty (60) students. Thus far, GHC has had 120 students graduate from the practical nursing program with a NCLEX pass rate of 92%. January of 2007, GHNTS was granted the rights to operate an Associate Degree of Nursing (ADN) program by the Virginia Board of Nursing. The first ADN class commenced in May of 2007.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
Nursing (A, C)
Nursing Assistant (A, C)
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $26,200. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $70 is required from all applicants. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $17,000-$20,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $450-$540 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $3,900
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||42%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||32%||$2,532|
|Receiving Student Loans||42%||$3,918|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 8%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Global Health College.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Virginia in Arlington, VA (3 miles away)
- Hanover Public School District Practical Nursing Program in Hanover, PA (70 miles away)
- Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing in Richmond, VA (83 miles away)
- Henrico County - Saint Marys Hospital School of Practical Nursing in Henrico, VA (89 miles away)
- Beebe Medical Center Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing in Lewes, DE (103 miles away)