Global Health College
25 S Quaker La 1st Fl, Alexandria, VA
- FAFSA School Code: 041400
- Phone: (703) 212-7410
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Global Health College, formerly known as Global Health Nurse Training Services (GHNTS) was established in January of 2004 by the envision of a family nurse practitioner, Mariatu Kargbo. Her desire to inculcate her beliefs of the nursing profession began her journey to start a practical nursing program in Alexandria, Virginia. Within six months, the Virginia Board of Nursing approved the institution to operate and begin the admission of students. The institution opened for classes for the practical nursing program in January of 2005 with a total of sixty (60) students. Thus far, GHC has had 120 students graduate from the practical nursing program with a NCLEX pass rate of 92%. January of 2007, GHNTS was granted the rights to operate an Associate Degree of Nursing (ADN) program by the Virginia Board of Nursing. The first ADN class commenced in May of 2007.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Global Health College. The list may differ from the actual programs offered, for a complete list of what courses are offered students can visit the school's website.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,328 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Required supplies and books: $2,250*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $14,300**
- Students usually complete the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program in 12 months
Check out our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Nursing (74 Hours)
The nursing program takes about forty-eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $32,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,270*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the nursing program last year
- Students usually complete the nursing program in 48 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our nursing schools information page.
Nursing Assistant (120 Hours)
The nursing assistant program offered most often takes about four months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $1,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $210*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Find out more nursing assistant programs by taking a look at our nursing assistant training profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $26,200. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $70 is required from all applicants. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||42%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||32%||$2,532|
|Receiving Student Loans||42%||$3,918|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Global Health College.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Virginia in Arlington, VA (3 miles away)
- York County School of Technology Practical Nursing in York, PA (80 miles away)
- Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing in Richmond, VA (83 miles away)
- Beebe Medical Center Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing in Lewes, DE (103 miles away)
- Southside Regional Medical Center Professional Schools in Petersburg, VA (112 miles away)