Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
North Hollywood Location
The North Hollywood branch of Kaplan University is located at 6180 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Suite 101. This campus has a graduating class size which is close to 500 students annually. This location offers services for students in the form of career guidance & assistance to help students define their goals, flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules, and remedial education courses for licensure preparation or admissions requirements. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting brightwood.edu.
Kaplan College – North Hollywood have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (818) 754-6000 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
The medical assistant programs listed below are organized by the number of credit hours offered.
71 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,100*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
46 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,000*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Radiologic Technology (149 Hours)
Radiologic technology program takes approximately twenty-two months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $51,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,400*
- Last year, more than 30 students completed this program
- The length of the radiologic technology program is about 22 months
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (88 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $32,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,960*
- Around 50 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 12 months
Take a look at our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
The program offered most often takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $36,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,910*
- Students complete this program in usually 24 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $15,500 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $10. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (818) 763-2563 x223. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,835|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$8,023|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan College – North Hollywood.
- National Career College in Panorama City, CA (3 miles away)
- Casa Loma College - School of Nursing and Allied Health in Van Nuys, CA (3 miles away)
- Marian College - Van Nuys Campus in Van Nuys, CA (4 miles away)
- American Medical Sciences Center in Glendale, CA (8 miles away)
- West Coast Ultrasound Institute in Beverly Hills, CA (8 miles away)