Kaplan College - North Hollywood
6180 Laurel Cyn Blvd Ste 101, North Hollywood, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 025391
- Phone: (818) 754-6051
- School Homepage
- Phone: (818) 763-2563 x229
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (818) 763-2563 x223
Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
North Hollywood Location
The North Hollywood branch of Kaplan University is located at 6180 Laurel Cyn Blvd Ste 101. This campus has a graduating class size which is close to 860 students annually. This location offers services for students in the form of remedial education courses for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules, and career guidance & assistance to help students define their goals. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting kaplancollege.com.
Kaplan College - North Hollywood have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (818) 754-6051 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
The medical assistant programs that are listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
45 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,000*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
70 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,100*
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Ultrasound Technician (152 Hours)
The ultrasound technician program takes about twenty-six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $44,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,910*
- 61% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $21,000 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Around 80 students completed the ultrasound technician program last year
- Takes about 26 months to complete
Get more information about ultrasound technician and find other schools listed by checking out our ultrasound technician schools page.
Radiology Technician (138 Hours)
The radiology technician program offered most often takes about twenty-three months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $49,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,400*
- The radiology technician program takes about 23 months to complete
Learn more and discover other schools listed by checking out our radiology technician schools page.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (88 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $30,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,960*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $10,400 in student loans**
- Around 40 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $15,500 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (818) 763-2563 x223. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$4,835|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$8,023|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 11%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan College - North Hollywood.
- National Career College in Van Nuys, CA (3 miles away)
- Casa Loma College - School of Nursing and Allied Health in Van Nuys, CA (3 miles away)
- Marian College - Van Nuys Campus in Van Nuys, CA (4 miles away)
- American Medical Sciences Center in Glendale, CA (8 miles away)
- Career Development Institute in Los Angeles, CA (9 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.