Get more information about Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – New Orleans by clicking links below:
Thinking about starting a career in the medical field? The LSU College of Health in New Orleans has schools for dentistry, nursing, allied health, medicine, and more! Degrees are offered in:
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Dental surgery
- Dental hygienist
- Public health
- And many other medical professions
Admission requirements vary depending on your chosen course of study, but most require successful completion of pre-requisite classes in subjects like biology and anatomy. Satisfactory scores on tests like the MCAT, DAT, and ACT are required for admission into specific corresponding schools. For information regarding admission to the program of your choice please check http://www.lsuhsc.edu/catalog/admission.aspx for particular requirements. LSUHSC tuition and fees vary by program; some courses operate annually and some operate by semester.
LSUHSC has two campuses in historic New Orleans; they also maintain two teaching hospitals within the city and several within the state. Even though LSUHSC is a public university, only about 40 out-of-state applications are accepted annually. In 2012, enrollment topped 2,500 and there were over 600 academic staff members. Career services and job board listings are individually maintained by each department.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – New Orleans by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $9,000-$11,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $330 to $400 per unit
- Required fees: $1,100
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $14,000-$17,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $640 to $770 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $1,100
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
- Dental School: $27,000
- Medical School: $32,000 (See all Medical Schools in Louisiana)
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||62%||$3,493|
|Student Loans (Federal)||54%||$8,626|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – New Orleans.
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center - School of Nursing in Baton Rouge, LA (72 miles away)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - Shreveport in Shreveport, LA (279 miles away)
- Fortis College - Montgomery in Montgomery, AL (284 miles away)