Get more information about Modern Technology School by clicking links below:
Modern Technology School in Fountain Valley, California, is a career-oriented institution of higher learning that carries accreditations from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education (BPPE) and several other approvals and licenses such as the Veterans/GI Bill.
Founded in 1981 in the Los Angeles area, the school initially offered the X-Ray Technician Limited Permit course. After several additions and a new campus in Anaheim, the original LA campus was sold to what is now Kaplan College. The Anaheim campus was relocated in 2005 to Fountain Valley, where the school serves the communities of Orange County.
Current course offerings include:
- Medical Assistant-Back Office
- Ultrasound-Vascular Technician
- X-ray Technician-Medical Assistant
The X-ray Technician-Medical Assistant program is an 11-month course that offers morning and evening classes. Tuition and other fees totals $18,856, and the college is approved to distribute Title IV aid in the form of loans and grants.
In addition to core programs, Modern Technology School also offers home study and instructor-led courses as part of its continuing education initiatives. Applicants can choose from a range of courses, including Accident & Emergency X-ray and Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography.
Student services include career, academic and personal counseling, and assistance with various aspects of student life, such as housing, child care and transportation. Modern Technology School does not currently have any articulation agreements with any other college or university, so students are advised to ascertain that a diploma from this school meets their educational goal requirements.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Modern Technology School. The list may differ from the actual programs offered, for a complete list of what is being offered students may visit the school's website.
Get more information about the programs offered by Modern Technology School by clicking the request information to the right.
program takes usually nineteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $34,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,580*
- The program takes about 19 months to complete
Radiologic Technology (1,155 Hours)
Radiologic technology program takes usually twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,250*
- Around 60 students completed the radiologic technology program last year
- The length of the radiologic technology program is about 12 months
Medical Assistant (600 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered usually takes about six months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $7,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $580*
- The medical assistant program takes about 6 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our medical assistant schools information page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately - per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The cost to submit an application is $75. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at Modern Technology School, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||60%||$4,489|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$12,896|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Modern Technology School.
- American Career College at St. Francis in Lynwood, CA (20 miles away)
- CBD College in Los Angeles, CA (33 miles away)
- American Medical Sciences Center in Glendale, CA (34 miles away)
- Kaplan College - North Hollywood in North Hollywood, CA (41 miles away)
- Casa Loma College - School of Nursing and Allied Health in Van Nuys, CA (43 miles away)