New York Methodist Hospital Center for Allied Health Education is in Brooklyn, New York. It was established in 2007 by the New York Methodist Hospital, and the center includes 13,000 square feet of educational space, including seven classrooms, 11 lab rooms, a computer library with 25 devices, student lounge, faculty area, and administrative space. The center is committed to offering excellent health education that helps healthcare professionals meet the needs of the general public. The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education institutionally accredits the center.
The center offers programs through the Bartone School of Radiography, School of Laboratory Science, EMS Institute, and School of Radiation Therapy. The programs include:
- Radiologic technologist
- CT cross training
- MRI cross training
- Radiation therapist
- Clinical laboratory science
The admissions requirements vary by the school of education and specific program.
Financial Aid Options
New York Hospital Center for Allied Health Education participates in various financial aid programs, depending on the school of education. In general, students can apply for the Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG Grant, NY State Tuition Assistance Program, and Ford Loans. The center also offers payment plans.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Clinical Laboratory Science (C)
Emergency Medical Technology (C)
Radiologic Technology (C)
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $6,500 in student loans**
- Forty students reported graduating last year
Radiology Technician (C)
- On average, $5,400 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Last year the graduating class was around ten students
Ultrasound Technician (C)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $40,300 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The cost to submit an application is $100. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $15,000-$18,000 per year
- Required fees for full-time students: $2,100
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||13%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||13%||$5,325|
|Receiving Student Loans||10%||$8,167|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to New York Methodist Hospital Center for Allied Health Education.
- Institute of Allied Medical Professions - New York in New York, NY (10 miles away)
- Eastern International College - Jersey City in Jersey City, NJ (10 miles away)
- Memorial Hospital School of Radiation Therapy Technology in New York, NY (11 miles away)
- New York Medical Career Training Center in Flushing, NY (13 miles away)
- Eastern International College - Belleville in Belleville, NJ (16 miles away)