Get more information about North – West College – West Covina by clicking links below:
North-West College was founded in 1966 by Marsha Fuerst to provide allied health career training and education. The school maintains five locations in Southern California, predominantly in Greater Los Angeles County. The family owned business is dedicated to providing a number of services alongside its high quality education, including job placement, GED preparation, students advising, financial aid and more.
Students who attend North-West College will pursue an education in one of several high demand healthcare fields. The faculty is comprised of experienced professionals dedicated to ensuring that the skills necessary for employment are developed by students so that they may find career success. Students will earn a certificate upon completion that demonstrates competency and work ethic to potential employers. Financial aid options are also available to assist students in pursuing their careers.
Programs offered include:
- Vocational Nurse
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
West Covina Location
The West Covina branch of North-West College is located at 2121 W Garvey Ave. About 270 students graduate from this campus each year. This campus provides services for students in the form of remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, post-graduation job placement opportunities, and career counseling assistance to help students define their goals. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting north-westcollege.edu.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at North – West College – West Covina. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (626) 960-5046.
Get more information about the programs offered by North – West College – West Covina by clicking the request information to the right.
Medical Assistant (884 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered commonly takes about nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- 94% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $15,216**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $42.00*
- Last year, more than 90 students completed this program
- The length of the medical assistant program is about 9 months
Learn more about medical assistant programs through our medical assistant schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (1,701 Hours)
The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes about fifteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $33,000*
- Students usually complete the practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program in 15 months
Dental Assistant (884 Hours)
Dental assistant program takes ,as reported, eight months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 98%**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $15,429**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $41.00 per month*
- Last year, more than 50 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 8 months
Learn more and see other schools listed by checking out our dental assistant schools information page.
Pharmacy Technician (936 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 95%**
- $16,828 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $44.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 9 months to complete
Learn more about pharmacy technician programs through our pharmacy technician training profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Surgical Technologist (1,504 Hours)
Surgical technologist program takes ,as reported, fourteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $29,000*
- Around 10 students completed the surgical technologist program last year
- Takes about 14 months to complete
Check out our surgical technologist schools profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Medical Insurance Specialist (884 Hours)
The medical insurance specialist program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 90%**
- $14,239 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $42.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- The medical insurance specialist program takes about 8 months to complete
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $14,200. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $100 is required from all applicants. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at North – West College – West Covina. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$3,833|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$4,065|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 6%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to North – West College – West Covina.
- Carrington College California - Pomona in Pomona, CA (8 miles away)
- North - West College - Pomona in Pomona, CA (11 miles away)
- Everest College - Alhambra in Alhambra, CA (12 miles away)
- American Career College - Anaheim in Anaheim, CA (16 miles away)
- Angeles Institute in ARTESIA, CA (17 miles away)