Ohio Medical Career Center is a leader in training medical professionals. The center uses the latest technology and students gain hands on experience.
The center offers programs in RN training, Practical Nursing Training, nurse aide, phlebotomy, billing and coding specialist, CPR training, and medical terminology. Ohio Medical Career Center currently offers instruction on three campuses located in Dayton, Troy, and Beavercreek.
OMCC Registered Nurse Training Pathway aims to teach students to deal with patients in various clinical settings such as intensive care, physicians’ offices, health care clinics, and ambulatory care. Licensed Practical Nurses who seek to become registered nurses will be able to achieve their dreams through this program. Program options include a 40 week diploma program. Another option is the50-week RN Advanced Placement Program (must be active LPNs to apply) and a 90 week practical nursing program.
Graduates of the nursing program will be rewarded a diploma and can take the National Council Licensure Examination, or NCLEX-RN. NCLEX-RN is required in order to obtain licensure as an RN. This computerized text covers four areas: physiological integrity, safe and effective care environment, and health promotion and maintenance.
The career outlook for RNs is good. The mean annual salary ranges from $51,640 - $76,570. The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that overall job opportunities are expected to be excellent for registered nurses.
Ohio Medical Career Center is accredited by North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI). NCA-CASI has accredited institutions in 19 states.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Ohio Medical Career Center. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (937) 567-8880.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (60 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered usually takes about ten months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,400*
- Around 30 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- The length of the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program is about 10 months
Find out more and view other schools listed by browsing our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Nursing (70 Hours)
The nursing program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $27,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $2,010*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
More information and school listings are available through our nursing schools information page.
Medical Office Assistant (57 Hours)
The medical office assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $11,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,710*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Medical Insurance Specialist (150 Hours)
The medical insurance specialist program offered usually takes about one month to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $2,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $390*
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the medical insurance specialist program is about 1 month
Phlebotomy (104 Hours)
Phlebotomy program takes usually one month to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $1,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $100*
- Around 80 students completed the phlebotomy program last year
- Takes about 1 month to complete
Get more details and view other schools listed by checking out our phlebotomy training page.
Nursing Assistant (75 Hours)
Nursing assistant program takes usually one month to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $1,000*
- Required supplies and books: $30*
- Based on published reports, around 600 students completed the nursing assistant program last year
- Students usually complete the nursing assistant program in 1 month
Learn more and see other schools listed by browsing our nursing assistant training profile page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at Ohio Medical Career Center is approximately $4,800 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||48%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||48%||$2,573|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ohio Medical Career Center.
- Galen College of Nursing - Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH (33 miles away)
- Good Samaritan College of Nursing & Health Science in Cincinnati, OH (45 miles away)
- The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences in Cincinnati, OH (46 miles away)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Columbus Campus in Columbus, OH (68 miles away)
- Bohecker College - Columbus in Westerville, OH (73 miles away)