Professional Training Centers
13926 SW 47th Street, Miami, FL
- FAFSA School Code: 033484
- Phone: (305) 220-4120
- School Homepage
- Phone: (305) 220-4120 x2102
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (305) 220-4120 x2200
At the Professional Training Center in Miami, Florida, students have a wide range of learning options. Bachelor's degree programs are available in Nursing and Business Administration; along with several Associate's degree and Diploma programs. Career training is available in:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (AS)
- General Radiologic Technology (AS)
- Associates of Arts in General Studies
- Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions and Radiography
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assisting
Career placement assistance is available for all students and alumni as well as help writing resumes and job interview preparation. Students are well prepared to compete in the workforce by participating in clinical internships at dozens of area hospitals and medical facilities.PTC maintains these relationships because of the important role that real-world experience plays in medical careers.
Students can apply for a wide range of financial aid benefits; counselors will help you determine what type of aid you are eligible for. Tuition begins at around $12,000 for diploma programs; a small investment when compared to the invaluable career training in the fastest growing job market!
Over 700 students enroll at PTC annually; it is located just outside bustling downtown Miami in a quiet neighborhood area. PTC is a private, for-profit institution.If you ready to start or continue your education in the healthcare industry in sunny Miami, Florida, contact PTC for more information. http://www.ptcc.edu/.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Professional Training Centers. It is important to note that the list may be different from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing
The registered nursing, nursing administration, nursing research and clinical nursing programs listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
121 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $77,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,800*
- Takes about 40 months to complete
73 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $54,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,900*
- Takes about 22 months to complete
49 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $23,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Radiologic Technology (89 Hours)
Radiologic technology program takes approximately twenty-seven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $56,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $600*
- 52% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- $16,300 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- The length of the radiologic technology program is about 27 months
Ultrasound Technician (83 Hours)
The ultrasound technician program offered most often takes about twenty-five months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $53,000*
- Required supplies and books: $840*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 54% for former students**
- On average, $17,300 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Around 100 students completed the ultrasound technician program last year
- Students usually complete the ultrasound technician program in 25 months
Learn more and view other schools listed by visiting our ultrasound technician schools information page.
Pharmacy Technician (41 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $19,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $420*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 62%**
- On average, $7,800 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 70 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 11 months to complete
Visit our pharmacy technician training profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,800. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (305) 220-4120 x2200. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$2,551|
|Receiving Student Loans||92%||$5,182|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 11%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Professional Training Centers.
- Medvance Institute - Miami in Miami, FL (5 miles away)
- Dade Medical College - Miami in Miami, FL (11 miles away)
- Advance Science Institute in Hialeah, FL (12 miles away)
- Dade Medical College - Hialeah in Hialeah, FL (12 miles away)
- Concorde Career Institute - Miramar in Miramar, FL (20 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.