At the Professional Training Center in Miami, Florida, students have a wide range of learning options. Bachelor's degree programs are available in Nursing and Business Administration; along with several Associate's degree and Diploma programs. Career training is available in:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (AS)
- General Radiologic Technology (AS)
- Associates of Arts in General Studies
- Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions and Radiography
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assisting
Career placement assistance is available for all students and alumni as well as help writing resumes and job interview preparation. Students are well prepared to compete in the workforce by participating in clinical internships at dozens of area hospitals and medical facilities.PTC maintains these relationships because of the important role that real-world experience plays in medical careers.
Students can apply for a wide range of financial aid benefits; counselors will help you determine what type of aid you are eligible for. Tuition begins at around $12,000 for diploma programs; a small investment when compared to the invaluable career training in the fastest growing job market!
Over 700 students enroll at PTC annually; it is located just outside bustling downtown Miami in a quiet neighborhood area. PTC is a private, for-profit institution.
If you ready to start or continue your education in the healthcare industry in sunny Miami, Florida, contact PTC for more information. http://www.ptcc.edu/.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Professional Training Centers. It is important to note that the list may be different from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Ultrasound Technician (78 Hours)
The ultrasound technician program offered most often takes about twenty-five months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $58,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,270*
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 83% for former students**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $17,568**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $147.00*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the ultrasound technician program in 25 months
Learn more and view other schools listed by visiting our ultrasound technician schools profile page.
The nursing programs listed below are sorted by the number of credit hours offered.
73 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $46,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- Takes about 24 months to complete
48 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $31,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Radiologic Technology (75 Hours)
Radiologic technology program takes approximately twenty-four months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $5,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,270*
- 84% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $27,599**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $126.00 per month*
- The length of the radiologic technology program is about 24 months
Mental Health Technician (58 Hours)
The mental health technician program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $22,000*
- Required supplies and books: $530*
- Students usually complete the mental health technician program in 12 months
Pharmacy Technician (41 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about fourteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $19,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $530*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 75%**
- $12,447 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $73.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- More than 90 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 14 months to complete
Visit our pharmacy technician training profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,800. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (305) 220-4120 x2200. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$2,551|
|Receiving Student Loans||92%||$5,182|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 11%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Professional Training Centers.