Get more information about Putnam – Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program by clicking links below:
In 1948, the Putnam Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program first opened its doors to students. The school is located in Yorktown Heights in New York and had two separate campuses in both Putnam and Westchester. It was in 1969 that the Putnam Westchester BOCES merged which resulted to the creation of many programs such as automotive technology, floral arrangement and cosmetology to name a few. This also resulted to the expansion of the technical college to support different facilities that will supplement the education of the students.
The practical nursing program in Putnam Westchester BOCES was established to address the need of having a good training facility for healthcare-related programs. Today, the Practical Nursing program in Putnam Westchester BOCES trains students to become competitive in their line of work. Students receive clinical hands-on experiences in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Putnam Westchester BOCES offers stringent programs that often last for a year or two thus allowing students to find employment the soonest possible time. This means that students need to take at least 40 hours every week to complete the program within a year.
Fulltime students at Putnam Westchester BOCES pay a tuition fee rate of about $12,600 annually which is not inclusive of workbooks, laboratory fees as well as uniforms.
The following is a list of programs offered at Putnam – Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a full list of programs available please visit the school's website or call the school at (914) 245-2700.
Get more information about the programs offered by Putnam – Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,200 Hours)
Licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes usually ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,060*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 76%**
- On average, $3,000 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 10 months to complete
Find out more and discover other schools listed by checking out our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||76%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||29%||$5,825|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$8,505|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 15%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Putnam – Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program.
- Rockland County BOCES - Practical Nursing Program in West Nyack, NY (16 miles away)
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ (30 miles away)
- Orange - Ulster BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Goshen, NY (32 miles away)
- Dutchess BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Poughkeepsie, NY (33 miles away)
- Veeb Nassau County School of Practical Nursing in Uniondale, NY (41 miles away)