Get more information about SABER College by clicking links below:
In 1972, Spanish American Based Education & Rehabilitation, Inc. (SABER) was developed to meet the needs of the workforce community—to provide knowledge, skills, abilities, and training for students. SABER College strives to contribute “through training programs and activities that help to improve job skills, secure/retain/create better vocational and career opportunities for its residents, as well as generate new vocation and career opportunities for those students who apply themselves.” Saber’s goal is to improve the community’s quality of life through their graduates.
Located in Miami, Florida, the SABER College facilities is made up of seven classrooms, two computer labs, a nursing skills lab, and a library information resource service area. With Associate Degree programs in:
- Health Services Management
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Physical Therapist Assistant
SABER College also offers a non-degree program called ESOL. This provides instructions for speakers of another language who already possesses occupational competencies, providing them enough communication skills to enable them to success in the community. Another non-degree program offered by SABER is the Practical Nurse Program—designed to teach students the fundamentals of Nursing Theory and Practice.
SABER College strives to provide basic skills, language, vocational and career education that contributes to the economic growth and development of the local community, by facilitating career opportunities in the industry.
Review the Net Price Calculator (http://www.sabercollege.com/sabcol_net_price_calc.htm)
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by SABER College. The list may differ from current programs, for a complete list of what is being offered students can visit the school's website.
Get more information about the programs offered by SABER College by clicking the request information to the right.
Nursing (79 Hours)
The nursing program offered on average takes about twenty-three months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $45,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,490*
- More than 200 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the nursing program is about 23 months
Learn more about nursing programs by taking a look at our nursing schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (1,470 Hours)
The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes about fourteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $25,000*
- Required supplies and books: $980*
- Last year, more than 100 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program in 14 months
Health Services Administration (77 Hours)
The health services administration program offered on average takes about twenty-three months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $44,000*
- Required supplies and books: $870*
- Students usually complete the health services administration program in 23 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,100. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$5,930|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$6,138|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 9%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to SABER College.
- Dade Medical College - Hollywood in Hollywood, FL (18 miles away)
- Galen School of Nursing - Tampa Bay in Saint Petersburg, FL (206 miles away)
- Remington College - Orlando Nursing in Lake Mary, FL (218 miles away)
- Taylor College in Belleview, FL (253 miles away)