Sentara College of Health Sciences, located in Chesapeake, Virginia, began operations in 1892 as a nurse training facility taught by physicians. Over the years, the school has moved beyond its initial offering, expanding to offer more healthcare related programs. Currently the school has a 40 member faculty servicing approximately 550 students a year. Sentara College of Health Sciences is owned and operated by the Sentara Norfolk Hospital.
Sentara College of Health Sciences offers multiple programs in the area of healthcare to prepare individuals for careers in growing and high demand fields. The school offers bachelor's programs for nursing, as well as a variety of associate programs and educational courses.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
The various programs offered at Sentara College of Health Sciences have varying admissions requirements. Students interested in attending should check online to see when applications must be submitted by and what requirements are necessary for entry into the program of choice. Financial aid is available to students enrolled in specific programs. To determine eligibility students should contact the financial aid office. Payment plans for tuition costs are also available.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Cardiovascular Technology (A, B)
Surgical Technologist (A, B)
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $7,800 in student loans**
- Ten students reported graduating last year
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $290-$340
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $290 to $340 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,800
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||42%||$3,005|
|Student Loans (Federal)||50%||$6,838|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Sentara College of Health Sciences.
- Riverside School of Health Careers in Newport News, VA (21 miles away)
- Southside Regional Medical Center Professional Schools in Colonial Heights, VA (71 miles away)
- Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing in Richmond, VA (89 miles away)
- Global Health College in Alexandria, VA (147 miles away)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Virginia in Arlington, VA (150 miles away)