Sentara College of Health Sciences
1441 Crossways Blvd, Suite 105, Chesapeake, VA
- FAFSA School Code: 031065
- Phone: (757) 388-2900
- School Homepage
- Phone: (757) 388-2666
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (757) 388-3015
Sentara College of Health Sciences, located in Chesapeake, Virginia, began operations in 1892 as a nurse training facility taught by physicians. Over the years, the school has moved beyond its initial offering, expanding to offer more healthcare related programs. Currently the school has a 40 member faculty servicing approximately 550 students a year. Sentara College of Health Sciences is owned and operated by the Sentara Norfolk Hospital.
Sentara College of Health Sciences offers multiple programs in the area of healthcare to prepare individuals for careers in growing and high demand fields. The school offers bachelor's programs for nursing, as well as a variety of associate programs and educational courses.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
The various programs offered at Sentara College of Health Sciences have varying admissions requirements. Students interested in attending should check online to see when applications must be submitted by and what requirements are necessary for entry into the program of choice. Financial aid is available to students enrolled in specific programs. To determine eligibility students should contact the financial aid office. Payment plans for tuition costs are also available.
The following is a list of programs offered at Sentara College of Health Sciences. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a comprehensive list of programs available please visit the school's website or call the school at (757) 388-2900.
Nursing (79 Hours)
The nursing program offered commonly takes about twenty-nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $25,000*
- Required supplies and books: $3,720*
- Last year, more than 100 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the nursing program in 29 months
Learn more and find other schools listed by checking out our nursing schools profile page.
Cardiovascular Technology (60 Hours)
Cardiovascular technology program takes ,as reported, eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $2,800*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the cardiovascular technology program last year
- The cardiovascular technology program takes about 18 months to complete
Surgical Technologist (39 Hours)
The surgical technologist program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,850*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $7,800 in student loans**
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the surgical technologist program last year
- The length of the surgical technologist program is about 12 months
Find out more and see other schools listed by visiting our surgical technologist schools page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||42%||$3,005|
|Student Loans (Federal)||50%||$6,838|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Sentara College of Health Sciences.
- Riverside School of Health Careers in Newport News, VA (21 miles away)
- Southside Regional Medical Center Professional Schools in Petersburg, VA (71 miles away)
- Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing in Richmond, VA (89 miles away)
- Global Health College in Alexandria, VA (147 miles away)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Virginia in Arlington, VA (150 miles away)