Southeastern Institute - Charlotte
5250 Seventy-Seven Center Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC
- FAFSA School Code: 035553
- Phone: (704) 527-4979
- School Homepage
Southeastern Institute, formerly know as "The Southeastern School of Neuromuscular Massage" of Charlotte was founded in 1994. Upon approval by the North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy, the school was established to provide a clinically based curriculum in the Professional Massage Therapy training program. The School was founded by Kyle C. Wright, LMT, Paul. H. Thompson, and Dr. Richard L. Miller who had a vision to fulfill the need, in healthcare, for highly skilled, clinically trained Massage Therapists.
In February of 2007, the Southeastern School of Neuromuscular Massage was acquired by Dr. Arthur and Belinda Keiser, who have long-term involvement in developing and managing private colleges and schools.
In 2009, Southeastern School of Neuromuscular Massage changed its name to Southeastern Institute and expanded its program offerings beyond Massage Therapy.
Facilities and Equipment
The school encompasses 25,000 square feet; which includes classrooms, a media center, bookstore and offices. Classrooms are clean, quiet and air-conditioned. Classrooms are designed for lectures, hands-on instruction, and clinical internship. Instructional materials including audio-visual equipment, cushions and chairs, portable treatment tables, skeletons, and anatomical charts used to enhance learning are also available. There is ample free parking. All equipment used at the school is compatible with industry standards and effectively meets the objectives of the program.
It is the policy of Southeastern Institute's Student Services Department to assist students in finding a position upon graduation. Prior to, and after graduation, the Student Services Department advises students in career development skills and assist the students in finding employment in their chosen career field. In order to retain placement privileges, students are required to provide a current resume and to maintain satisfactory attendance. Although Southeastern Institute provides employment placement assistance, it cannot promise or guarantee employment.
Southeastern Institute is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, 2101 Wilson Blvd, Suite 302, Arlington, Virginia, 22201. Further information may be obtained by contacting the Commission at (703) 247-4212.
The School's Professional Massage Therapy program is approved by the North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy. Wachovia Capital Center, 150 Fayetteville Street Mall, Suite 1900, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601, (919) 546-0050
For information on graduation rates, student debt levels, and other disclosures, visit www.SoutheasternInstitute.edu/ConsumerInfo.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by Southeastern Institute - Charlotte. The list may differ from current program available, for a complete list of what programs are offered students may visit the school's website.
Massage Therapy (30 Hours)
The massage therapy program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $13,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $740*
- $4,800 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Last year, more than 300 students completed this program
- The massage therapy program takes about 8 months to complete
Find out more and see other schools listed by browsing our massage therapy schools page.
Medical Assistant (35 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $16,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,420*
- Based on published reports, around 80 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Learn more about medical assistant programs through our medical assistant schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Medical Insurance Specialist (33 Hours)
The medical insurance specialist program offered usually takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $1,910*
- Last year, more than 50 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 8 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southeastern Institute - Charlotte.
- Southeastern Institute - Columbia in Columbia, SC (80 miles away)
- The Medical Arts School in Raleigh, NC (139 miles away)
- Centura College - North Charleston in North Charleston, SC (161 miles away)
- Southeastern Institute - Charleston in North Charleston, SC (167 miles away)
- Gwinnett College - Sandy Springs in Sandy Springs, GA (213 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.