Get more information about Sullivan County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program by clicking links below:
The Sullivan County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program is a public technical school that serves the town of Liberty in New York. Also called SC BOCES, the school was founded in 1994 and although new, it has produced the most competitive practical nurses in the state of New York. The little town of Liberty and its laidback environment makes studying conducive among its many students.
The school offers 18-month licensed practical nursing program to its students. The curriculum in SC BOCES prepares the students to enter the practical nursing profession by teaching them important theories and skills in carrying out their tasks are practical nurses. In fact, the main mission of the school is to increase the student performance in the district that is serves.
Students who wish to study in SC BOCES need to get an average score of 80 and above in the Regents Living Environment and Math exam and students also have to complete the entrance exam as well as pass the interview with the program supervisor. While studying for the program, students will need to complete 1,188 hours of instructions in both classroom and clinical experiences before they graduate from the course and take the NCLEX-PN licensure exam. On the other hand, students who wish to study further can easily transfer to Columbia Greene Community College, Bryant & Stratton, Corning Community College and SUNY Orange as SC BOCES has college articulation agreements with these schools.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Sullivan County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to see a full list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (845) 295-4136.
Get more information about the programs offered by Sullivan County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,188 Hours)
Licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes approximately ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $14,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,060*
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $32,916**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $81.00 per month*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 10 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by checking out our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$5,119|
|Receiving Student Loans||96%||$8,935|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 15%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Sullivan County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program.
- Orange - Ulster BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Goshen, NY (35 miles away)
- Ulster County BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Port Ewen, NY (42 miles away)
- Dutchess BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Poughkeepsie, NY (47 miles away)
- Otsego Area BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Oneonta, NY (48 miles away)
- Rockland County BOCES - Practical Nursing Program in West Nyack, NY (62 miles away)