Get more information about Syracuse City Schools Practical Nursing Program by clicking links below:
The Syracuse City Schools Practical Nursing Program is affordable and convenient. It is accredited by the New York State Education Department. Graduates are eligible for admittance to the New York State Licensing Examination for Practical Nurses.
Nursing is a rewarding career that allows you to help others. The median salary for nurses in 2010 was $64,690 according to the Bureau of Labor statistics. The job outlook for nurses is outstanding. One advantage of a career in nursing is that it offers flexibility. Nurses can work during the day or evening. Some choose to work solely on weekends while stay home with their kids during the week.
Nursing is also an outstanding career for those who would like to travel. Traveling nursing programs employ nurses that travel across the country. Housing is provided during assignments. Nursing opportunities are available in the U.S. Virgin Islands if you want to try living on a beautiful island.
Graduation rates at the school are 83%. Not to mention that the NYS licensing pass rate is above the state average. Students in the Practical Nursing Program excel.
The program provides many opportunities for hands on learning. Courses offered are Fundamentals in Nursing, Introduction to Pharmacology, Medical/Surgical Nursing I & II, maternal health, Pharmacology, and clinical experiences.
Financial aid is available and will help you pay for your degree. The LPN Program is approved for the Direct Loans/Pell Grant program for financial aid. After acceptance into the program, you can fill out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The cost of tuition is $8,000.
Syracuse City Schools Practical Nursing Program have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (315) 435-4150 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Get more information about the programs offered by Syracuse City Schools Practical Nursing Program by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,210 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $13,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $640*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 81%**
- $33,198 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $66.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more and browse other schools listed by checking out our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs information page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$4,430|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$9,500|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 3%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Syracuse City Schools Practical Nursing Program.
- Cayuga Onondaga BOCES - Practical Nursing Program in Auburn, NY (25 miles away)
- Madison Oneida BOCES - Practical Nursing Program in Verona, NY (30 miles away)
- Marion S Whelan School of Nursing of Geneva General Hospital in Geneva, NY (44 miles away)
- Delaware Chenango Madison Ostego BOCES - Practical Nursing in Norwich, NY (45 miles away)
- Wayne Finger Lakes BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Newark, NY (47 miles away)